0.8

Grayson ends up driving us in his car to my house, meaning he will have to take me back to his to get my car. When we arrive, he gets out of the car, walks to my side and opens the door. I don't move. I look to see my mother's car and a car I don't recognize.

"Gracie" He warns. I look him in the eye, not blinking. It turns into a staring contest and I end up blinking first, making Grayson cheer. I huff and get out of the car, glaring at him.

"Aww, don't be like that, I'll let you win next time" He grins, lighting nudging me. I can't help but smile when he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. It still hasn't hit me that I'm hanging out with Grayson Dolan. It feels like a dream.

I lead him up the steps and into the house, hesitating before bringing him into the living room where my mom sat with an unknown man.

"Gracie, You're here!" My mom says when she sees me, standing up and rushing to hug me. I let go of Grayson's hand, flinching slightly which made her glare at me.

"Ben?" I hear Grayson say, confusing me. My mom pulls back and I see the man stand up and walk to him.

"Grayson, how are you? Haven't seen you in a while" 'Ben' speaks, pulling him into a hug. Grayson hugs him back, not looking too uncomfortable.

"I'm pretty good, how are you?" He responds, stepping back next to me and resting his hand on my back.

"I'm alright" Ben nods, moving back next to my mom. It's quiet for a second before my mom speaks.

"Right! Gracie, this is my boyfriend, Ben. Ben, this is my daughter, Gracie, and you know Grayson" She explains. Ben shakes my hand and then wraps his arm around my mom's waist. My jaw drops. Boyfriend? My dad died less than a year ago. How could she move on so quickly? I'm shaken out of my thoughts when my mom coughs.

"Sorry, Grayson, this is my mother. Mom, this is Grayson, my friend" I emphasize the ending. She rolls her eyes and to my surprise, hugs Grayson.

"You can call me Kathy, it's lovely to meet you" She nods. My breathing is fast. I don't what is going on.

"Dinner is ready, shall we eat?" My mom says, turning around. She leaves the room with Ben close on her heels. When she's gone, I turn to Grayson.

"I'm so confused about what's happening," I tell him honestly, rubbing my eyes. Grayson pulls my hands away so I don't hurt myself and looks down at me.

"Ben is my one of my dad's best friends, I tell my dad pretty much everything so that must be why your mom thinks I'm your boyfriend" He explains, making me nod my head.

"That would make sense" I shrug. He nods back and we go into the kitchen, sitting down. This is one of the few times I've seen my mother sober in a really long time. We eat while my mom speaks to Grayson and Ben tries to talk to me, but I give him really short answers. I don't mean to be rude, but I think it's too soon for my mother to see other men.

Once we're all done eating, we clear the table and sit awkwardly in the living room.

"Well, it's getting late, we should probably get to bed soon. Oh, that reminds me! Gracie, Ben and I are going on a trip for a few days, is that alright?" She asks me. I blink a few times, not used to this side of her.

"Uh, y-yeah" I stutter. Grayson sees how uncomfortable I am and subtly rubs my lower back, a confused expression on his face.

"Grayson, it was nice to meet you. Goodnight, Gracie." She tells us, standing up and kissing my head. I flinch again, but she ignores it this time. I look at her in shock. Wasn't she just screaming at me a day ago? Grayson nods as if to agree to her and my mother and Ben leave to her room. I lean into the back of the couch and even though it's only 7, I feel extremely tired. I just wanna sleep for three days straight. Grayson pulls me closer to him and touches my hair.

"You're hairs so wavy right now, it's cute" He mumbles, leaning his head against my shoulder.

"Thanks, pool water makes it extra wavy" I chuckle. I stand up, pulling him with me.

"C'mon, let's go to my room," I tell him. We stop at the front door and grab his things before going downstairs to my room.

"Woah," he says when we step down the last stairs. I turn up the heat before glancing at him to see him looking around the basement. A plus side of being the only kid that lives at the house right now is that I get the whole basement to myself. My dad decorated it perfectly for me and made it my dream room.

"Do you have any siblings?" Grayson asks suddenly as I lead him to the couch. He sits down and pulls me down next to him, almost on his lap.

"Yeah, an older brother. His name is Cash and he's 12 years older than me. He's stationed in the army right now, but I'm not sure where" I tell him, leaving out that my mother refuses to tell me. Grayson pulls my legs up over his lap, so I rest my head on his chest. I close my eyes, thousands of thoughts swirling my mind.

"oh, that's really cool" He responds, running his hand through my hair and massaging my scalp. I hum in response.

"Are you tired already?" He questions, resting his other hand on one of my thighs. I open my eyes.

"No" I lie. I want to stay awake and hang out with him.

"You definitely are" He laughs. I take my head off his chest and look at him.

"Am not" I pout. Graysons eyes flicker down to my lips before looking me back in the eye.

"Whatever you say. You wanna watch a movie or something?" He asks. I nod immediately.

"Can we watch Beetlejuice?" I gasp. I've been wanting to watch it again for a while, but it gives me creepy nightmares when I'm alone.

"If you want to" he nods with a smile. I jump up, making him groan at the loss of contact. I turn on my tv and put the DVD in my Xbox, turning it on and setting it up. I pull the covers back on my bed and jump in, patting the spot next to me. I reach over and grab the remote for my colored lights, since they're the only ones I use, and turn them off so only the tv lit the room. Grayson giggles and stands up, getting under the blankets with me. We lean against my headboard and my heart skips a beat when I feel him wrap his arm around me and pull me closer.

"Is your mom gonna kill me for sleeping in your bed with you?" He asks, pulling my thigh onto his. I shake my head.

"No, she probably won't come down here and if she does, she wouldn't care" I half-lie. I've never had a boy over, so I wouldn't know.

"Okay, cool" He nods. The movie starts and we watch it without talking. Halfway through the movie, my eyes start to droop shut. I try to keep them open, but it doesn't work well. I feel Grayson remove his arm from around me, scooting down and pulling me onto his chest.

"Go to sleep, princess, it's okay" He whispers. Princess. This is only the first time he's called me the sweet word and I don't think my heart can handle it. I let my eyes close fully and cuddle closer to him, mumbling a goodnight before I fall asleep for the second time today in his arms.

Grayson's Point of View

I watch Gracie as she struggles to keep her eyes open and I know that she really wants to stay awake for the movie. I pull my arm from behind her and scoot down on the bed, pulling her down and into my chest.

"Go to sleep, Princess, it's okay" I whisper. I feel her heartbeat speed up, making me grin widely, knowing the effect I have on her. She closes her eyes and mumbles something before falling asleep almost immediately. Once I'm positive she's fully asleep, I pull back slightly so I can study her face. I still can't believe that she's actually here with me. I've been waiting for almost a year and I almost cried when she tweeted that she was going to the tour. I brush my thumb over her bottom lip. I wanted to kiss her so badly at the moment on my bed, but it's too soon. I pull out my phone and pull up my messages with Ethan.

How long do I have to wait until I can ask her to be my girlfriend?

It takes him about ten minutes to reply, so I just watch the movie and gently rub Gracie's back.

Assclown🍑🤡
She's already head over heels for you, Gray, you could ask her now and she'd probably cry in happiness.

I read it over a few times, not expecting it. I thought he was going to tell me to wait a few months first. I lock my phone and set it on her night table, pulling her closer to me and falling asleep to her slow heartbeat.