10.

Dave.

Lately the streets had been real quiet, I'm assuming cause everybody's shocked how niggas have been dropping like flies. I felt like since Ryan and I were now officially together she needed to know what I did for a living.
She was at work at the moment,so I called my grandma to check on her.
"Hey Dave." she said into the phone, I smiled hearing her voice for the first time in a few weeks.
"Hey grandma, how you been?" I said straightening up my crib with my phone on speaker.
"I've been good, Rose called and told me that Heather was missing, now David I want you to tell the truth. Did you have something to do wit that girl going missing." I sighed knowing she hated that I did what I did.
"No, grandma I didn't. She had a lot of enemies." I said partially lying, I mean she did have a lot of bitches and niggas that couldn't stand her but I in fact did have something to do wit it.
"Alright baby, well I'm about to go play bingo. Ima call you when I make it home, love you."
"I love you more." I said hanging up and finishing up what I was doing. Ryan made me fire the maid, she said I was a grown ass man who needed to clean up after myself and I guess she was right. When she was here she would let the maid have paid days off and she and I cleaned up the mess that we made. Ghost and Brooke moved down the street from me so we all was together every other day. I had spent most of my days at the office while Ry was at work and I was okay wit that.
"Boss? Monica said there was someone here for you." Josh my assistant said while tapping away on his iPad.
"Alri, send em in." I said going over the meetings I had scheduled but I didn't have a meeting for this time.
That is until I saw who walked through my door,"well well well, if it isn't Dave. The man who killed my daughter."
"Angie, I don't appreciate you coming in my place of business to falsely accuse me of something I didn't do. Actually I haven't heard from your daughter since she stormed out my house months ago." I said calmly as I looked her dead in the eye.
She looked like she wanted to say something back but decided against it.
"Now if you don't mind, I have work to do. SECURITY. please escort this lovely lady out." I said as security showed up, they grabbed her up and lead her out.
You could hear her screaming for them to let her go, and I sat back in my seat and chuckled. I didn't have time for her shit right now, I got other shit I need to take care of.
I was nervous as hell to tell Ryan about my lifestyle but I felt like she needed to know if we was gone be together. She's typically open minded when it comes to certain situations so I just hope this was one of those situations. I was there for the next couple hours til Ry texted me to let me know she was ready.

Ryan.

I was sitting at the front desk waiting for Dave to show up. I texted him about 20 minutes ago and he said he was just leaving the office. It was mid April, and it was just now started to warm up from the cold ass winter we had. I had my jacket in my arms and I slowly started to grow impatient. Just as I was about to call him I saw him pull up. I sighed and grabbed my things, I locked up the store and headed towards the car.
I got in and he greeted me with a peck on the lips,"How was work?" he asked pulling off.
"It was good, just tired. The usual." I said putting my seatbelt on.
"I got something I wanna talk to you about since we got about 25 minutes til we get to your house." he said looking over at me then back on the road.
"Okay? Wassup?" I said focusing my attention on him.
"I haven't been completely honest wit you about my profession." he started to say but I was already 2 steps ahead of him.
"I know what you do for a living Dave, does it worry me? Yes. Is it something I want you to do forever? No. Do I accept it? Yes but it's not ideal for me." I said.
He just looked at me surprised, "I appreciate you for being honest. And nah it's not something ima be doing forever. I actually been thinking about quitting this shit and passing it down to Ghost." he said tugging at his beard.
"Whatever you wanna do, I'm here." I said rubbing the side of his face. I knew dealing with Dave wouldn't be easy due to how he was living before he met me but I was willing to give it a try.
On our way to my house he held my hand the whole way there.
"Brooke's supposed to be staying with me tonight, so I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked looking at him.
"Yeah that'll be coo, just call me before you go to bed." he said pulling in the driveway.
"I will, be safe." I said planting a kiss on his cheek and started to get out.
"Oh hell nah" he said grabbing my wrist, "if you don't give me a real kiss."
I laughed cause he had this frown on his face, I grabbed his face and kissed his lips. Knowing Dave he always tried to make something turn sexual, he deepened the kiss and I laughed noticing what he was trying to do.
"Bye Dave cause you ain't slick." I said getting out.
"What I do?" he said with this lil grin on his face.
"Call me when you make it home." I said heading to my front door putting the key in the lock.
He sat in the driveway until I made it in the house.

Dave.

When I left Ryan's house, I was in a better mood after seeing her. I don't know what the fuck has gotten into me, cause a nigga been smiling more and being nice. Hell I ain't even big on kissing but she make me wanna kiss, I ain't ever sat and waited for somebody to go in the house. It was like she slowly but surely making me a better man. And I liked this feeling..

-
Awww Dave sure is infatuated with little ole Ry.🤗