36.

Ryan (The Next Evening)

Our flight to the new house was tiring to say the least but I was glad we finally made it. Kairi did good on the plane it was Dave who had a hard time. His back started hurting about 2 hours into the flight so it was hard trying to help him get comfortable as well as myself and Kai. We finally made it to our new home and it was beautiful. We had hired movers from New York to move stuff and put together the beds and whatnot. I made up our bed as well as Kairi's crib. Dave laid in the bed with Kai while I started putting away our things. I was about half way finished when I looked over at the bed only to see the both of them watching my every move, Kai was giggling up a storm and babe had this look on his face that I knew all too well.

Its been a lot trying to basically get everything done by myself, part of me felt like we should've waited til babe was healed

Its been a lot trying to basically get everything done by myself, part of me felt like we should've waited til babe was healed. But I knew if we did something else would happen, and I wasn't tryna risk anything.
I was putting up stuff in the bathroom when my phone rung, it was my moms. I put her on speaker phone while I finished what I was doing. "Hello?" I called out. "Hey babygirl, how was the flight?" she asked. I shrugged as if she could see me, "it was good, Dave's back started hurting so that was kinda hard to deal with especially since Kairi was with us. But other than that everything went smooth, we made it to the house about 2 hours ago and I've been putting stuff together." I heard her sniffle, and frown up confused as to why she was about to cry. "Ryan I'm just so proud of you and the woman you're becoming, I missed a small part of your life but I'm glad I'll be able to witness the rest of it. You gave me a beautiful grandbaby and a wonderful son in law." I smiled hearing her say that. I was glad she liked Dave and I was happy he liked her too. We said our goodbyes and I hung up. Once we were off the phone I looked up in the mirror and saw Dave slowly make his way to me. Once he made it in the bathroom he wrapped his arms around my waist and I carefully wrapped my arm around him. "I love you." he said pecking me on the lips. "I love you too." I said with a smile. I led him back to the bedroom and we laid down with Kairi between us. It was a little after 9 and I was exhausted from all the moving we did. Dave and Kairi dozed off before me so when I did go to sleep I wasn't expecting to be right back up a few hours later. I woke up to my stomach hurting, it felt more like menstrual cramps so I tried to turn over on my side hoping it would go away. Another 45 minutes or so went by and it still hadn't went away so when I made to the bathroom I checked my shorts and there was no blood it was just painful. I carefully carried Kairi to her room and laid her in the crib. I climbed in the bed facing Dave and tried to get closer to him without waking him up but of course he opened one eye. "What's wrong bae?" I tried to keep from crying," my stomach hurts. It feels like I'm about to start my period." I said holding my stomach, he moved my hand and slowly rubbed my stomach. I wasn't sure why I felt like this so I tried to go back to sleep. But a few hours once again I was woken up by the pain only this time I was bleeding. It had me scared to wake up Dave so I dialed my moms number. "Ryan it's almost 5am what's going on?" she said half asleep into the phone. "Mommy, I'm bleeding." I said quietly sobbing. "What happened?" she said almost in a panic tone since she knew I was pregnant. "I don't know, last night before I went to sleep I started cramping kinda like if I was about to start my period but no blood. So I woke up just now cause the pain got worse but this time I'm bleeding and it's like blood clots." the line was silent before she spoke up. "Baby go to the doctors now cause from the sounds of it, you're having a miscarriage." When she said that I felt myself feel sick. I told her that I will and we hung up. I wrote a note on a piece of paper telling babe where I was and why I didn't wake him up. On my way to the hospital I prayed and I prayed that this wasn't the case.
-
Once I made it there and signed in, I waited for the nurse to call me to the back. "Ryan Taylor?" the lady from the back called out. I sighed and headed towards the doors. Once I was face to face with the doctor she had this look on her face but it was an unreadable expression. "I'm sorry to inform you that you are having a miscarriage. There's nothing that we can do but let the baby bleed out." I felt myself become weak before I started sobbing uncontrollably. God was punishing me for what I told Brooke but I didn't mean it, I swear I didn't. I knew deep down inside that I wanted this baby I just can't believe he or she was just snatched away from me. I cried my eyes out as I left.

Dave

I woke up around 7 and saw that Ryan wasn't in the bed. I found her note and my heart dropped. I checked my phone for any missed calls or texts but there was nothing on my screen. I sat up and went to dial her number that is until I heard the front door open. I carefully got up and made my way to the top of the stairs. In walked a very exhausted looking Ryan, when we made eye contact I noticed her eyes were blood shot red. "I lost it." was all she said before she broke out in tears. I quickly tried to get to her without hurting myself and when I made it to her I just hugged her. I wanted to cry but one of us had to be strong for the other. "What happened?" I asked still holding her. "I woke up bleeding, and I called my mama, she told me to go to the hospital and they told me that I was having a miscarriage." she said crying once again. I sighed knowing this would put a strain on the both of us. "What did the people at the hospital do?"
"There wasn't anything they could do they just said I'll keep bleeding until the baby passes through. I just feel like shit." she laid her head on my chest listening to my heartbeat. "We gone get through this bae." I said brushing her hair out her face. She looked up at me as if she wanted to say something but decided against it. "I got you forever." I said kissing her forehead as we now headed upstairs back to bed.

-
now Ryan you gone tell him about you and Brooke's convo or? 🤔