46.

Ryan (Saturday Evening)

Today was the day of Kairi's party and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I hoped everything went well, I invited everyone I could think of to the party. So I knew it was gonna be packed, Kairi was so antsy this morning I had the hardest time doing her hair. She knew a little about her party since during some of the planning she came along with us. Once she was dressed she went downstairs to where her dad was so I could get myself together. It didn't take long since I had started getting ready earlier. I was finishing the last touches of my makeup when my phone rung, it was Brooke. "Hey boo. Are you guys almost ready? CJ , and Chris are getting on my last nerve asking about y'all." She said laughing. I chuckled, "Yes were heading out right now. My mom should be pulling up right now, she picked up the cake."
"Alright, I see her now. We're gonna help her get out everything she needs."
"Okay, thank you." And with that we hung up. I slipped on my shoes and took one last look in the mirror. I made sure not to overdress for this occasion since I would be running behind a bunch of kids today. I walked downstairs grabbing my keys and purse. Dave carried Kai on his back and once we made it to the car he strapped her in her seat. He offered to drive and I wouldn't dare object, it's not often he drives. Especially if he doesn't know where we're going and he says my car isn't big enough for him. It was Range Rover truck and I knew he was only saying that cause the day I got it he made the comment that he didn't like the interior. The seats were a bright red and that's what made him hate the car. I thought it was actually funny cause I didn't know niggas took that type of stuff serious. I climbed in the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt.
The place was about 20 minutes away from our house so the drive wasn't long, which was surprising cause the traffic in New York was terrible. When we pulled up we saw that there was a lot of people already there, we quickly got out and walked inside hand in hand with Kairi on my hip.
When everyone saw her they started coming up towards us saying Happy Birthday and that she looked so much like Dave. Once we got started it lasted all day, the DJ had played a lot of kids songs and a few adult songs but of course the clean versions. Overall we had fun, Dave ended up being with the kids more than me and let me just say they wore his ass out. Kairi was exhausted as well, but I knew she had fun and that's all that mattered to me.
We got a lot of pictures from today and I was happy with how everything turned out. I made a mental note to go get them printed out so I could frame them.
Once we cleaned everything up , everybody started to leave. I carried Kai to the car and strapped her in, Dave lazily dragged himself towards the passenger side. I knew I was gonna drive home so I didn't say anything. When we were all in the car, I made my way home.

Dave

Kairi's party was too lit, besides the fact that I chased hella kids around today the smile on my baby girl's face made it all worth it. Ryan and her moms did they shit putting it together cause it came out beautiful. There was no drama just good vibes and happiness going around. While we were heading home I had posted a few pictures from her party on Instagram.

 While we were heading home I had posted a few pictures from her party on Instagram