19.

Dave

The next morning Ryan and I barely said 2 words to each other, and I wasnt exactly sure why.
Brooke was over and they were in the living catching up for their weekly girl talk. I was headed to the kitchen when I heard Ryan crying.
"I just don't know what to do. I love Dave I really do but his grandma really thinks I'm unfit to be a mom, and how I got pregnant so early. This is making me rethink everything, I did want her at my shower and the birth but I don't know anymore." when I heard how the conversation went wit my girl and my grandma to say I was upset was an understatement. I made a phone call,"hey grandma can we talk?"
"Yes baby what's wrong?" she asked shuffling in the background.
"What happened wit you and Ryan?"
"Nothing I just told her how I felt, I don't really think she's ready to be a mom." she said.
"Grandma how are you gonna tell her that she's not ready? She's been doing everything she could to get ready for our child. She wanted to have you at the birth and shower but you do this?" I stress tugging at my beard.
"David, I'm just being honest. I don't feel like I was wrong."
I sighed irritated at this conversation already, "Alright then." and wit that  she hung up. That meeting went comepletly left and now I feel bad for putting Ryan in a situation like that.
I sighed knowing how nervous she already was but now it's probably worse, I had to make it up some kind of way. I went downstairs to the living room where Brooke and Ryan sat and Ryan was no longer crying. "Wassup B?" I said greeting Brooke wit a hug.
"Hey bro,you ready for my niece or nephew?" she said rubbing on Ryan's stomach. I nodded," yeah as ready as I'm gonna be, this is my first time really being around a pregnant woman so it's different but I like it." I said being honest sitting across from them.

Ryan

I thought it was cute that Dave was nervous but covered it with excitement. I was just glad he was accepting to this pregnancy and has been there since day one. Brooke left about an hour ago cause Chris's ass had been blowing up her phone.
"Bae lemme talk to you for a minute." Dave said as I started on dinner.
"Okay, whats up?" I asked taking a seat cause my feet were starting to hurt.
"What happened wit you and my grandma?" he asked taking a seat next to me. I tensed up at the mention of his grandma,"she basically judged me for getting pregnant so soon and said I wasn't ready to be a parent." I said feeling myself get upset once again.
He looked angry but I didn't want him to lash out at her cause that was just her concern. "How you feel about having a kid?" he asked. I sighed,"I'm scared but I know in my heart that I can do this. It'll be hard sometimes but I think I can do it." He nodded seeming that he understood. "How do you feel about it?"
"Well I feel like the same as you do, I know our daughter will have dope ass parents." he said rambling but I stopped him. "David.. You didn't find out the gender behind my back did you?" when I said that he put his hand over his mouth, "Damn Ry I'm sorry." he said apologizing. I felt a certain way about him finding out the gender and actually slipping up and telling me.
"it's fine babe, you won the bet." I said chuckling as he popped his imaginary collar. "But Saturday ima need you to act clueless okay? Cause they really putting effort into this shower/gender reveal." he said seriously as I nodded.
"Well since you already knew the gender you came up with any names?" I asked returning to the food that I was cooking.
He took a long pause before speaking,"I like Kairi."
I turned and looked at him,"I'm not naming my baby after Kyrie Irving."
"Nah we can spell it different like K-A-I-R-I." he said and honestly it sounded cute.
"Okaaaaay now middle name." I said stirring the pasta for spaghetti.
"Kairi Chanel?" he asked more of a question than a statement.
I really liked the name so that's what the baby's name is gonna be.
"Kairi Chanel Brewster. I like it. But next baby I'm naming." I said. He laughed," that's if it's another girl, if it's a boy ima have to. You can probably choose his middle name but the rest is all me." he said cheesing.
I laughed, "that's cute Dave ima let you keep dreaming." I said finishing up the food. He chuckled as if I was joking but I was deadass, I'm naming the next baby. He sat at the table as I made plates, once I sat out plates down we said our prayers. Shortly after we dug in, "You ready? You're due in 2 and half months." he asked looking at me. I shrugged playing it cool, "yeah I'm ready, cause I feel like I've been pregnant all year." it was true, I felt like I had been pregnant for years. My 21st birthday was coming up, and I hoped for a baby before then. Babe had started on a nursery we decided on neutral colors, Grey and white. But now I wanna change the colors now that I know she's a girl. But knowing Dave he is happy with those colors, so I'm not gonna complain. "Ima clean up the kitchen, so you can go take a warm bath." Dave said heading towards the kitchen with his phone in his hand. "Nah I got it." I said getting up following behind him. "Ryan take yo stubborn ass upstairs." he said looking at me. I sighed knowing I wouldn't win this little debate so I made my way up the stairs. As my due date approaches Dave has me doing less around the house, and I get bored cause I'm not working and I don't have much to do around here. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the water, I started stripping out of my clothes. I stepped into the tub of hot water, and let out a sigh of relief. I knew I was gonna be in the bed soon...