27.

Dave

Ryan's 23rd birthday was coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to do something nice for her. I remember when we was together she used to always talk about wanting to go to California. It was probably too soon to be doing this but I wanna show her that I'm really committed to making us work. I booked the plane tickets, and Brooke and Chris said they'll watch Kairi for us. I mean we'll only be gone for the weekend so that's not long. It's really gonna be a surprise to Ry, so we're gonna have to see how this goes.
I was on my way to my grandmas house cause she said she had to talk to me about some shit so I could only hope that it's not some bullshit. I stopped at a red light so I could finish rolling my blunt. And about 20 minutes later I was now in the driveway. I sat my blunt in the middle console and got out the car. I knocked on the door, and when the door opened it was grandma. But when I made it inside I was about to walk right back out, it was my so called mom sitting on the couch looking nervous. Part of me wanted to hug her and tell her I missed her but the other part said fuck her she left wit no explanation and didn't even reach out til I was pushing 30. I'm 28 and I hadn't seen her since I was about 23, back when she supposedly "died".
"David don't leave let me explain." she said.
"what Pam." I said addressing her by her first name. "Dave that is your mother." grandma said but I put my hand up. "Nah mothers don't do foul shit like this." I said still standing.
"I know you're mad a me but I can answer any questions you may have." Pam said hoping I would give in but it ain't gone go like that. "Why? Why you left? Huh? You know I just had my daughter and I couldn't imagine just walking out on her!" I was furious cause now all the old feelings are resurfacing. The look on her face read that she didn't even know I was now a father. "I wasn't mentally there but I've always had my connections and I'm proud of the man you turned out to be, and my beautiful granddaughter. It's been hard trying to stay away but I do love you Dave." Pam said as I sat there wit a bored expression on my face. Cause now she's tryna bring my daughter into this to make me feel bad but it ain't gonna work. "Don't bring my child into this to justify your terrible parenting. Grandma is this what you called me here for?" I asked reverting my attention to my grandma. She sighed not expecting this lil meeting to turn out like this. "Dave I just hope this can be fixed between you two."
"grandma I know you're coming from a good place, but this I don't think will ever be fixed." I said wit a sigh, I got up and headed towards the door. "Love you ima call you later." I walked out towards my car heading home.

Ryan

I was in the middle of responding to emails and discussing other pieces to add to the website. Kairi was laid on the bed sleep beside me, Dave had asked what I had planned for my birthday. I hadn't had much of anything planned, I hadn't celebrated my birthday in years. And ever since I met Dave he's always been pressing me about plans. So far business has been doing great like I can actually purchase my very first home. The home I'm living is by law Dave's, but when the whole paternity thing happened he left the house for me and Kai. But the problem is I wanna move out of state, not exactly sure what state but it has to have a good school zone cause I wanna make it my forever home. I had been looking at a few places but there's a problem, our family and friends are in new York then my team for Sorella is here as well. I was emailing Santana about business ventures and discussing store fronts to expand. My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on my door, I got up and eased down the stairs. When I opened the door there stood Dave with this annoyed expression on his face. I mentally sighed knowing it was probably some foolishness. I let him inside and whispered that the baby was sleep, he nodded and sat down. He sighed tugging on his beard something I know he does when he's in deep thought. "So what's going on?" I asked sitting across from him. "So I went to my grandmas house.." when he said that I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything to upset him. "My mama was there tryna explain herself to me about why she wasn't there, then she had the audacity to try to bring up Kairi." I was listening until he said something about Kai, like why was this lady discussing my child when her child doesn't even want anything to do with her. I nodded which told him to keep going,"so how do you feel about it?"
"Honestly I don't know I just told her don't bring up my daughter to try to justify your bad parenting." he said with a shrug. But you could tell it was really bothering him so I got up and sat next to him, embracing him in to a hug. He laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. "It'll all work out baby daddy." I said trying to lighten the mood. He chuckled and raised up,"sorry for bothering you this late wit my shit."
"It's fine, I mean we are kinda friends and friends are there for each other."
He nodded,"so what's been going on wit you?" I shrugged,"Well I've just been thinking about expanding SorellaBoutique and I've been talking to Santana about it."
He nodded seeming to understand but that's about to change,"But I'm looking for buildings in...Atlanta." I said hesitately. He looked at me like I grew 2 heads. "So you tryna up and move to a different state? What about Kairi? How would that work wit me seeing her?"
"Dave nothing's guaranteed, just a thought. I just feel like I've outgrown New York..and I'm tired of it always being cold. Just to give Kairi the chance to explore a different place." I said adjusting the necklace around my neck. It was a gift from Brooke and Chris and it has Kairi's name on it.
"Well I feel what you saying but just take into consideration that I do plan on staying here cause I do run multiple businesses and I can't just up and leave. But if that's what'll make you guys happy I'm here for it."
"I understand but if it becomes a real situation I'll let you know, then we can continue with arrangements for her." I said getting up off the couch. He nodded and stood up giving me a hug, his 6'6 figure hovered over my 5'3 frame. We stood there in that position for a second before Kairi started to cry. I quickly ran up the stairs and scooped her up. I went back downstairs to see Dave waiting up mainly to see Kai. She revealed a gummy smile when she seen her daddy. She reached for him and he gladly took her from me, "hey daddy's baby." he said giving her a kiss on the cheek. He spent a couple of minutes with her before saying it was getting late and leaving. I gave her a quick bath and fed her, she stayed up for a couple more hours until she dozed off laying on my chest. I sat back and admired how perfect my baby is. Even though she looks like her dad she's still perfect to me. I snapped a picture of her, and posted it on instagram.

@RyanDestiny : As long as I'm standing you'll always have a shoulder to lean on😘

Shortly after I turned my phone off and laid it on the night stand, I laid Kai next to me and dozed off.