20.

Dave.

It was around 11:30 when I started cleaning up the front of the house. I was in the middle of washing dishes when my phone went off letting me know I received a text.
It was from my nigga Ghost, he basically told me to make sure Ry is ready for this shower in a couple of days. Ryan was almost 7 months pregnant and I know my poor baby was physically exhausted from the strain that's being put on her body. I went upstairs to check on her and she was asleep, so after I finished down here I was gonna set up the crib in Kairi's room. Since I was slowly tryna ease my way out the drug game I had plans on opening up another business, me and my team had been talking about a strip club. But that was gonna have to be put on pause until my child gets here. I was washing dishes and just as I finished I knew it was time for me to take my ass to bed. I took a quick shower and climbed into the bed dozing off.

(THE NEXT MORNING)

Ryan

When I woke up the next morning I went into the bathroom to relieve my bladder. After I flushed the toilet I washed my hands and started brushing my teeth, I felt myself gag and I hoped I wouldn't throw up. When I took a swig of mouthwash I started to cleanse my face. While I sat and scrolled on my phone Dave got up and went in the bathroom, I quickly followed behind him to spit out the mouthwash but I was gonna wait til he came out to wash off my face. From what I knew babe didn't have to work today so I hoped we could just chill for the day.
I gathered my outfit for the day, and waited. About 10 minutes later he came out and I went in, I rinsed off my face and moisturized. "You work today?" I asked coming out the bathroom. He looked up at me and nodded,"Yeah, just gotta get some shit done since its been a minute since I've been up there." I nodded and started to get dressed,"Alright. Call me when you make it there." I said pecking his lips. "I will, I love you." he said now dressed and slipped on his shoes. "Love you too." I said as he headed out. I would call Brooke to see if she wanted to hang out but I know she was probably busy with Chris. I've been having a hard time being by myself sometimes, especially since its almost time. But I didn't wanna hold Dave basically hostage mainly because he does have to run a business and that's just something I gotta accept. Not only that I know once Kairi gets here, he would have to be home more. I walked into her nursery and was in awe, I had no idea that he put the crib together. I was glad he did that so now all we had to do was finish getting other little things that are gonna be needed. I did have an appointment later, and it sucked that Dave wouldn't be able to make it but I knew he was just doing what he needed to. It was around 10am and I haven't made my way downstairs to eat yet, I knew it was only a matter of time before I started feeling nauseous. I went downstairs to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, I was tired of eating sandwiches and chips. And what I really wanted I couldn't eat, I was craving sushi but I knew that I would be putting my child in harms way by eating that so I was gonna have to just wait.
I ordered takeout and while I waited I caught up on my ratchet reality TV shows. There was a knock on the door, and when I opened the door it was the pizza delivery guy. He handed me the food and I handed him $20, after I closed the door I sat down at the table. I quickly dug in while it was still hot, I ate the entire pizza and was still kinda hungry. Over the last couple of months I've been insecure with my body cause I eat so much, and I slowly started to feel a certain way. Dave has been super supportive of my new body, and I'm happy that he isn't judgmental about it. I started to have heart burn and I knew it was from the red sauce,"lord all this heartburn my baby better not be baldheaded." I cleaned up the little mess I made, I laid on the couch waiting for the this pain to subside. Time was winding down for the arrival of Kairi and I was slowly becoming anxious.

Dave

As the work day went on I found myself wrapped up in all this paperwork. It's been a couple days since I smoked and my nerves have been on 10. Ghost been running things at the trap for the last couple of weeks and so far so good.
As time went by I realized I want more for myself, I mean I have a baby on the way. I've barely spoken to my grandma the last couple of days but I still have been sending money. I really want this shit to work between Ryan and her. So after this shower tomorrow, I could try to get them together once again and hope for the best.
I wrapped up my day at the office and made my way home to my girl.

Ryan

I spent majority of my day talking to people via email about the start of my business. Basically venders and people who can make websites, and designers. I was excited for the future as a business woman, but I would have to hire an assistant to help packaging, labeling and shipping cause I wouldn't be able to do it all by myself. I knew that I had been more than patient with Dave about the start of the business but I think it's time to get this plan in motion.
"I'm home!" I heard him yell walking in. "In the living room!" I said letting him know where I was. I heard his footsteps coming closer and he sat on the same couch as me. He took my foot in his hand and started massaging it, "So whatchu did today?"
I shrugged,"Nothing really had emails with people who's willing to help me you know start my business." I said easing into this conversation. He looked at his phone,"Ry, you know you're almost due so can we talk about this in a few years." I looked at him shocked that he just completely brushed me off, I snatched my foot from him. "Dave you said that we could get started on it sooner rather than later." I said with a frown. "But you should be focused on the arrival of Kairi. Don't start doing this shit Ry." he said. "Really? Don't start doing this shit? I put my entire life on pause for this." I pointed to the 2 of us. "But the second I bring up the start of my business it's a problem. I'm going to start my shit with or without your support." I said walking away. "Ryan you starting this business will cause an issue between me and you." Dave said following up behind me.
"Well I guess we now have an issue." I said slamming the door behind me.
I felt myself becoming sad cause out of all the shit we've been through I've supported him through everything, but I can't get the same thing back? I wiped the tears that fell from my face. I wanted him to be apart of the whole process but now I know that I don't have his support so that just made things more stressful.