𝐎𝐧𝐞

01: Z A C K

The sound of the door being pushed open had the geography teacher craning his head from the direction of the board curiously.

"Sorry I'm late," I heard a girl muttered and her voice sounded like she was out of breath.

I looked up from my binder, my eyes landing on her. Daisy was standing there at the entrance of the class with one strap of her bag draping over one shoulder casually and a face expression that could only be described as grimness.

Daisy Coleman was one of those girls that sit at the back of the class mostly attending to the sleep she derived herself the night before because of hardcore parties or a banging session with her latest boyfriend all night. She was also the kind whom spoke with her looks rather than her voice. I've known her since middle school though no words of any kind has ever being exchanged between us.

With those dazzling blue eyes, Cupid bow like rosy pink lips and glossy skin, she was naturally a heartbreaker. She had broken so many hearts I couldn't keep track of the number but I knew in that process, she garnered a lot of enemies. But then, she couldn't care more the damage she had already inflicted. She turned all her wrongdoings into a personality trait and I hated especially hated that part of her.

Daisy's waves of silky blond hair looked like she came here straight out of bed. They were disheveled and made a mess over her shoulders. The plain black shirt tucked into a pair of black jeans poured over her implike figure. However, she managed to make it look stylish on her in a casual way. She usually dress herself in black which if you give it a second thought, actually represented her soul.

The devil is a woman in the form of Daisy in contrast to her name. She was every parent's nightmare and the danger lurking around in the darkness, waiting to lure the students into it's depth. We're talking about the girl that managed to get detention every week and almost burn down the chemistry lab once after fooling around with dangerous chemicals. The latter resulted in her getting banned from the lab but eventually, she was given a second chance this semester.

And then there was the constant degrading and harsh criticising of other students. Bullying was in her veins and she pretty much enjoyed the authority she held over students by making them follow her rules in the name of standing up for herself. She was a fucking sociopath and I appreciated never crossing paths with her.

"Miss Coleman, care to explain why you are so late?" Asked Mr Julius, folding his arms in a challenging way. The other students became more curious, enjoying the little show rather than their studies.

"Oh, didn't notice the time passed and I woke up late. So, you should pretty much blame mother nature for not granting us the competence to sense it's time for school even when we're sleeping," She answered sardonically, mustering up a few chortles from the students.

His gaze penetrated into her intensely for a few seconds before he finally replied. "How about you answer a question? If you win, I'll let you in." The way his eyes slowly analysed her made me doubt it was going to be an easy one.

Mr Julius was known for being a very strict middle aged man. Nobody dared to cross his path. Not even the bad girls. He has a strong obsession with punctuality and nobody dares to come later without being interrogated immensely.

"Fine, sir," She shrugged effortlessly.

"Can you state the theories I mentioned yesterday and briefly explain them?" He questioned lazily. His eyes idly stared at Daisy as she stood before him silently.