𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

12 | Z A C K

"I have something important to share with you guys. On Halloween, I'm throwing a gala, meant for Maxwell High students. All students are invited but do not consider this necessary." Mrs Miller pauses and hands Jenna a handful of papers.

"Jenna will distribute the invitation card."

"What about the costume, Mrs Miller?" Maya asked. All the students were quiet and attentive.

"About the costume, I decided to make this Halloween more lively. I want you guys to come with your partners. What I want you to do is to select your favourite movie. From the movie, choose an iconic scene and wear the costume. At the gala, you'll present the scene as the characters of that movie with the costume they wore. There, we'll find out who the winner is and who knows? You'll get free marks for the best performance?"

I took the invitation card from Jenna's outstretched hand and smile. She smile back before moving on to the next person. If this is going to be a group work, Jenna and I have a lot of work to do.

The students threw questions after questions at Mrs Miller who correctly answered all. I think the proposition is cool but I have no idea which movie scene to act on. I'm not much into watching movies. I can clearly recall Jenna going berserk about movies at the ice cream parlour. My only ambition is that she wouldn't choose a cliché, girly scene for our presentation.

After the dismissal bell rang, I decided to take this perfect opportunity to approach Jenna about our upcoming Halloween presentation. Except she's no where to be found. I searched around the crowd but couldn't spot her.

"Whom are you looking for?" Eric's boyish voice dragged my attention.

"You don't have to know." I replied and resumed walking, my eyes secretly searching for a little brunette.

"It's not like I don't know what your poop smelt like when you were a baby."

Eric is simply uncanny. I don't know where he derived this knowledge from but I find it mystifying. "What the hell, man?"

He accelerated his speed to catch  up with me. "Dude, a new movie just hit the theatre."

Before he could continue, I stopped him. "No. We have a lot of scheme to cover up. Unless you're ready to walk away form your responsibilities."

From a close distance, I saw Korbin approaching us with a huge grin and holding a bag of popcorn.

"The results for the first assessment are out. I came out with straight A plus, serving no mercy to a single A. Maya is distributing the results back in the classroom. You should go get yours."

"Oh shit! I don't want to see my results." Eric exclaimed. He's an average student, neither an A plus nor a failure student.

We reversed and went back to the class. Sure enough, the class captain aka Maya is distributing the results. She smirked at me before handing me my scripts. I wasn't surprised when I saw all the scripts marked with A plus. My results had always been good. I can't deny this but I work hard to achieve the points. I know I deserved it. Waking up in the middle of the night after a few minutes of napping to study isn't a joke.

"Well done, Zack Alan Hudson. Make sure to inform your parents about the good news so they can take you to your favourite candy store." Leslie mocked with a fake smile.

I merely grunted. Eric collected his and grinned satisfactory when he saw the Bs and Cs. As long as he pass, nothing matters to him. My eyes scanned through the students to see if I can find Jenna. I was lucky when my eyes caught her soft brown ones from across the room. We both stroll toward each other and meet in the middle.