𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

35 | D A I S Y

I fixed my hair into a ponytail before reaching for my phone in my pocket. Immediately, I search through the contact list, looking for my best friend's number. I tried calling both Zack and Jupiter multiple times but none of them picked up. Jupiter was absent at school and Zack was training for the upcoming match the whole time.

I can't lay a finger on it but there was something going on with Jupiter. She had a melancholic expression the previous day and demanded privacy all the time. Last time I checked on her Mom, she was in a very stable condition. Her Dad's still searching for a favourable job and they have enough money to keep them comfortable for months. So, what was the problem?

The call went to voicemail once again. I'll call her later but right now, I have something to deal with. I walked the last few steps towards the Hudson's cosy home and knocked on the door. It took only a few seconds before it was answered.

My lips curved into a smile when I saw who it was. He was dressed in a nice sweatpants and a matching sweatshirt. He was holding a duffel bag and it was obvious he was about to leave for his practice. But then, I noticed something different.

He was glaring at me. He has this dark glint in his eyes like I've never seen before. His features were tense and his jaw was clenching and unclenching. His knuckles were white from tightening his hands into fists.

"Zack, what's wrong?" I asked in confusion. I doubt this is the right moment to ask this question.

A cruel sneer formed on his smooth face. "What the fuck are you doing here?!" I was completely taken aback by his anger.

"What do you mean what the fuck I'm doing here? What happened? Who made you angry?" I reached out to touch him but he flinched away like I was a poison to him.

But it wasn't his fault exactly. I left him hanging like an idiot out of anger. I honestly wanted to apologise for abandoning but I know it wasn't my fault either. I couldn't go to the wedding looking grumpy and acting like some sad bitch. And I'm really bad at pretending to be okay but I'm not. I owe both his family and him an apology.

"You're nothing but a psychopath. I'm disgusted by you and your personality." He said as he pointed a finger on me. I took a step back in amusement. He must have noticed became he dropped his hand and took a deep breath. "I don't want to speak to you. I need my space and I hope you respect that."

He hit my shoulder as he tried to walk past me but I grabbed his shirt. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you acting base on what you see and judge? I have a reason for not going to the party." He was starting to piss me off.

He shoved my hand and grabbed my wrist instead, his face puce with rage. "It isn't about the wedding. Think of the worse betrayal you've ever done in your life. Think of the pain you made someone so close to you went through."

His words chilled my blood. I felt myself softening and old, blocked memories rushing back. He couldn't possibly know about what had happened. I stared at those unblinking eyes which were ablaze with anger. "I don't know what you're talking about."

A smirk appeared on his lips. "I know when you're lying, darling. I must say, you're a bad liar." He dropped his bag and grabbed both my shoulders tightly. "I know what kind of a monster you are. You're a less than average, selfish brat who doesn't give a fuck about the people around you." And then, he was gone.

Fuck no.

I wasn't going to cry. My eyes shouldn't be burning. My vision should be crystal clear and not glassy. I thought I don't know how to cry; how to form those tears in my eyes. Turns out I was wrong. His words stung and I've never felt more humiliated. My heart felt like it was going to explode in my chest.