𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

61 | Z A C K

"This is what you get for everything you put me through, Daisy." Jenna calmly whispered.

Okay, I knew she was a psychopath but I never expected her to be completely out of it. Her eyes were soulless in a way I've never seen on anyone nd her voice was so cold it sent chills down my spine.

I snapped out of my frozen state when she took a step towards the stairs. I rushed to Daisy, kneeling carefully next to her. I couldn't help but feel the need to treat her like an egg. She looked so fragile and lifeless I was scared of what I was about to see.

I brushed back her hair from her face to see blood oozing from her nose. She had fallen on her face, breaking her nose in the process. Slowly, I pull her closer to me and turn her to see her face. Her lips was quivering and she was trying to open her eyes. I felt my eyes watering when I dared to look at the lower part of her body.

Blood pooled her legs and soaked her leggings. There was just too much blood I had to turn away and not assume the unknown. My eyes widened when I realised that if I don't take her to the hospital, she might loose a lot of blood than she already did. But first, I need to wake her up.

"Daisy? My love?" I whispered in a trembling voice as I rub my palms against her cheeks. My body felt heavy and I thought I lost my strength. Nothing will ever be the same after this.

Her legs began to move and her index finger bobbed up. I took her hand into mine as I cried. Her eyelids lazily opened to reveal her red, teary eyes. She looked at her surroundings before looking into my face. Her eyes have frozen over like the surface of a winter puddle, robbing them of their usual warmth. She's in there, I know it, but it's like she just gave up on life.

Her lips parted and she let out a painful shrill that made me want to do nothing but to take away the pain she's enduring. I cried until my eyes ran dry and my chest heaved violently. I don't want to loose her. Her face scrunched up as she cried and started kicking her legs aimlessly. I want to rekindle her heat but her insides are too damp with tears. Her hands shot to her stomach and she held it as though to protect it.

"T-there is so m-much pain." She cried as she shook her head out of my grasp.

I wished I could do that but I know the second I leave her to retrieve my phone which was in my room, Jenna would attack her and rob off the remaining energy Daisy has until we get to the hospital. Her phone was lying next to her, completely destroyed from when she tumbled down the stairs. I can't neither take Daisy to the hospital in my car when a psycho bitch is still here. I can't let her escape.

"HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" I called out, hoping someone would hear us but unfortunately, I know it in my heart that no one will. The house is soundproof and the breeze and heavy snow alone would let anyone hear us.

Jenna let out a creepy laugh when she finally made it to the bottom of the stairs. She clapped her hands as she advanced towards us and I tightened my grip on Daisy who was too much pain to compensate what was happening. I shot Jenna a deadly glare as my nostrils flared but she ignored it.

"You think someone is coming to save you?" She shook her head in fake pity and grinned at me. "No one is coming to save you! You're going to watch her die just like you saw her lose the baby!"