𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

19 | Z A C K

The Halloween was quite alright but wasn't as exciting as I predicted. Students enjoyed the party and had the best time of their lives. I barely relish my presentation because of the overwhelming affliction of the children. Jenna had no problem posing as the ‘princess’ and taking pictures with the kids that I think she forgot about my existence. I watched my mates present their awesome exhibition while I stood in the dark blending with the wall.

My friends were unavailable at the time. They came with their lovely partners and did an excellent work in their presentation. There were jokes cracked, truth or dare played and so many other Halloween fun activities but nothing quest my bored state. Jenna spent the day entertaining the kids and I had nothing to do. I hate to say this but I agree with what Daisy said; A Halloween without a great adventure is nothing. In my opinion.

I started to notice girls – one by one approaching Jenna and joining her clique. I was proud when I saw her in a big circle, joking and laughing with her new friends. Her smile spoke of joy and her eyes were as bright as the sun. The only disappointment – apart from having nothing to do at the party – was she never once glance my way to see if I was fine or not.

I tried to grab her attention a couple of times but she always turn her back on me. Some girls tried to hit on me while others tried to befriend me. I accepted their kindness but wasn't ready to chat with anyone. Though, I enjoyed the food and snacks which was the only good thing at the party.

"I freaking love you, Zack!" Leslie exclaimed and jumped on me as I drop the tray of mushroom and spinach lasagna.

While our parents are on a double date, my friends and I decided to hang out. It was the next day after the party and we had nothing to do. We wanted to go to the movies in the night but that's my work time so we decided to have a picnic at the park. The park was peaceful, a good place for hanging out or daily exercises. We came here a few times and had picnic. The day is cold and beautiful and the weather was flirting with the ideas of freezing fog.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my potato gnocchi with beef Ragù." Korbin removed the cover of the food flask and the mouthwatering aroma of the food whisked into my eager nostrils.

Although she never prepared it, Maya brought the broccolini pasta salad and the fruit and nut triple. Shawn brought the creamy shrimp pasta. There were so many delicious food on the table and we're about to devour them.

"I brought the sandwich and Jupiter brought the cupcakes." Eric had Jupiter sitting on his laps as they seductively play with each other. They'd steal kisses and give each other peanuts.

I couldn't help but stare at them. It's surprising that my notorious player best friend abandoned his reckless lifestyle for Jupiter after all the fights in the past. He looks happy and radiant like never before. Jupiter had bewitched his mind and soul. Nothing seems to make him delightful than being in her company.

We sat comfortably on the picnic seats - three facing four. We embraced Jupiter's recent entrance into the squad. She's the total opposite of Daisy so we aren't complaining.

"Are you guys starting without me?!"

The gentle sway of her hips in the slinky jeans captivated my attention. She wore an oversized, plain sweater and a pair of black boots. Her hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and her lips were colored bloody red. She was holding a box of pizza and her ponytail dangled as she approached us. It was my first time seeing her in blue jeans and sweaters. Her clothes had always being black and tight fitting shirts. Could it be the bump?

"What the heck is she doing here?" Maya furiously grumbled from beside me.

"She's Jupiter's best friend. We had to invite her." Eric answered.