𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

48 | Z A C K

"Thank you so much for the lovely dinner. I'm full." Daisy said as we exited the hotel.

I dipped my hands into my pockets and we started walking down the street. Dinner went great. We enjoyed each other's companies and chatted about a lot of things. We cracked jokes and discover our similarities and differences and assumptions on what our baby would adopt.

We talked about our likes and dislikes and options about our future careers. It was very interesting to talk to her. She hits home and I admire her sincerity. I enjoy watching her laugh and babble about unimportant details. It brought delight in my chest to see her eyes lit up whenever she spoke.

"It's okay. You deserve the best, Daisy. I feel blessed to have you to carry my child at a very young age. It's all my fault you're forced into motherhood at an early age." I whispered and pulled my lips into a thin line. I casted my eyes down when a wave of guilt hit me.

I felt her longs fingers on my shoulder. "Hey, it's all in the past. We've moved on, Zack. After all, it wasn't just your fault. It was also my fault. You know, fifty fifty." She jokingly rolled her eyes which made me smile. "Just like when we were kids."

We were slowly walking down the street to our car. There are still vehicles but because the street isn't a much followed route and leads to another town, there aren't much people.

"I still can't believe I remember very little details about what happened that night." I was referring to the night we conceived the baby. It remained a puzzle to me.

Daisy chuckled and shook her head. "It was your first time drinking and you got drunk real hard. I myself remember only a few details. Before I completely got wasted, you approached me. We talked and talked and drunk before you eventually took the first step. The next thing I remember, you were on top of me, fucking me like a rabbit in heat." She bluntly said.

I scratched the nape of my neck and awkwardly laughed. It's not like we fucked once. In fact, lately all we do is fucking when we're too bored. It's just the way she bluntly said it that made me feel weird and delighted at the same time.

"But I'm glad it happened. That night, you gave a treasure, a family. It's what links us as one. It brought us together and you not only gave me a precious little girl but also the love and support of your family."

I stopped her and pulled her gently. I kissed her forehead and hugged her against my chest. "I don't regret meeting you, Daisy. I'm so sorry you had to go through what you went through. I treated you badly and trusted the wrong person. I fucked up and I really want to make up for what we lost."

She smiles widely and look straight into my eyes. She placed her hands under my chin and raked her fingers through my hair. "I should be the thankful one. You gave me a life, Zack. Thank you so much." She took my hand and placed it on her tummy.

I reacted immediately. I rubbed my hand against the surface my daughter is peacefully growing in. For a moment, I just stared down at it and continuously rubbed it. Slowly, my hands moved past her enlarged boobs to her partially exposed neck. I bend a little and yank her head forward for a hungry kiss. She kissed me back with the same full force. It was passionate and lovely and I enjoy every second of it.

Daisy pulled away with a gasp. "Zack, we're on a date and we can't just kiss on the street." I wasn't listening to her. I was just staring at those swollen lips.

She realised I wasn't listening and her cheeks turned red in a very rare moment. I smirked with satisfaction and she jokingly pounded her small fist on my chest. But then, she noticed something behind me and rushed to it.