𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

39 | Z A C K

I could still taste Daisy on my lips. My head was completely filled with memories of what happened a few hours ago. No matter what I tried to do, it still remains there. When I close my eyes, I see her and when I left them open, I still see her. It felt right.

When I kissed her my brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout my entire body. Daisy was breathless with delight as I showered her with gentle, soft kisses, each with its own flicker of warmth. It was a moment that will forever stick to my memory.

When I saw her with the dumb new guy, all I saw was red. I was jealous that he was making her laugh. They were senselessly flirting and I so badly wanted to go there and punch Tyler. He isn't too bad in looks to make matters worse. And then, the final straw was when Tyler took Daisy and they left.

"I don't know why she keeps ignoring me. I tried my best to talk to her but she refused. She said she doesn't want to see me, claimed I was disgusting." He suspire and gently banged his hand on his car door. There was melancholy in his eyes. His usual playful glint was long gone. It was like Jupiter took away his everything with her and refused to let him in.

"Hey, calm down," I tried to reassure him. "Everything's going to be alright. I'm sure she's pissed off about something but don't worry, she'll come around."

I've never seen my best friend look so miserable. What surprises me the most is because of a girl. Just a few months ago, he was promising himself to never fall in love but here he is completely worried about his girlfriend. That pretty little thing played him well.

"Guys, you won't believe what happened." Korbin approached us with a huge smile. School has closed and we were getting ready to leave. We were in the parking lot and I was waiting for Daisy.

"You need to ask, dipshit." said Shawn who came along with Korbin. I looked at them weirdly as Korbin nervously scratch the back of his neck. What is happening?

Korbin wouldn't look at me in the eyes. "I kind of asked Jenna Coleman out on a date two days ago and she agreed. We went on a date yesterday and it was very successful. But I really want to ask your permission since she was your crush." when he finally looked up, his eyes were hopeful.

I felt nothing for Jenna. Simple as that. Maybe at some point, I was desperate to be her friend because of her vivacious personality but her sister changed everything.

I simply burst out into laughter. They were confused when they saw my reaction but then join in. It reminds of this quote; a friend of a thief is a thief.

"Go on, Korbin. You have Jenna all to yourself. Like you said, she was my crush but now, I got my hands full. Daisy and the baby are enough for me." I gave him a smirk to which he returned with a gawk.

"Damn dude, good to know that you finally realise that. I mean, you two look perfect together. Korbin looks more happy with Jenna. So, what are you guys waiting for?!" Shawn jokingly said.

Korbin exhaled a sigh of relief. "At least, I won't bother hiding it. I'm going to ask her on a second date after the exams. What do you guys think?"

"I think it's a very good idea." Shawn genuinely replied. He was chomping away on a bagel. As though finally noticing an eerily quiet Eric, he narrowed his eyes on him. "Dude, what's going on?"

I shrugged in response. "It's his personal issues, don't worry."

"Hey boys!" A knowing smile graced her lips as she directly stares at me. I smirked at her at the remembrance of what happened just a few hours ago in the washroom. I inched closer to her and stood right above her.