𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

52 | Z A C K

(Four months ago, the night of Korbin's party)

"The loneliness would consume you, you know?" I blurted out, my eyes fixed on the blond girl slowly sipping her drink.

She was sitting alone on one of the armchairs, the darkness of the corner swallowing her presence. Her beautiful blue eyes sparkled as they skimmed through the crowd.

The living room was lit with a rock band music playing in the background and the teenagers that I recognised and those that I don't merging as one. Plastic cups of hard liquor similar to mine surrounded them.

Korbin was hosting reunion party for the seniors just a couple of days before we resume back to school. A lot of our classmates came and they seem pleased to catch up with their friends and learn about the gossip that went down.

I savoured each moment I spent at the party with my friends except the part where I was coerced into tasting alcohol for the first time. Initially, I declined the invitation to the party, choosing to stay at home and catch up on school work but my friends persuaded me into coming. I had no choice but to and now, I was beginning to enjoy it.

After four cups of hard liquor, I was officially drunk and a wave of nausea hit me every single minute. I decided it was time to pay the bathroom a visit. I've being fiddling with trying to remember the route Korbin told me but my vague mind wouldn't cooperate.

On my way, I stumbled upon the lonely girl who was currently staring back at me. She was sitting on the armchair with her forearms crossed over her knees and her body leaned forward. I couldn't help but stare at her.

She was so beautiful with her pale blond hair framing her face like waves and a soft expression. Her features were relaxed and poised. The only thing off about her however was the loneliness dancing in her eyes. They looked empty and my mind wandered why a pretty girl like her was all by herself.

I was a little bit shocked at my own reaction towards her. I've never really cared about lonely girls especially during parties but here I was with the sudden urge to protect this strange girl. Wow, the alcohol really got to me.

"Am I too drunk that my vision is damaged or did the heartthrob of Maxwell high just spoke to me? I'm literally on cloud nine if the latter is true," She remarked with a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

I chuckled and for second, glanced at her long delicate fingers firmly wrapped around the plastic cup. She had me taken aback with such shady words. I didn't take her as the type that spoke too much but the confidence oozing off of her told me otherwise. It was sexy though, I have to admit.

"The one and only," I decided to play along. "I was wondering why a pretty girl like you was all alone."

She shrugged and took a sip of her drink. "I would rather stay here than cave in to the stupid bunch of horny boys hitting on me all the darn time. It seems like I did a bad job at hiding myself."

Damn, the girl wasn't just pretty, she was boastful and quite smart. "Well, consider me harmless. I'm just here for you to make the party less boring to you. I bet you wouldn't mind a lovely company."

She giggled and shook her head. "Now I see why the girls can't stop falling head over heels for you. You're both charming and fu–"

My adrenaline suddenly quickened its pace and another surge of nausea hit me like a tornado. I tumbled over, gagging immensely while feeling like the content inside my stomach was about to spill through my mouth.

The girl immediately got up with a panicked look. "Come on, let me take you to the bathroom," she announced before looping her arm around me neck and pulling me towards her slim figure.

The feeling of her soft chest pressing against one side of my body calmed me a little bit. With my arm looped around her delicate neck and her body supporting the weight, we slowly strolled past the crowd to a much more quiet hallway. We turned to a corner and a flight of stairs was there.

She didn't once tried to let go of me even when I gagged again. Her arm stayed firm around my abdomen until we made it to the top of the stairs to the first door. She gently grasped the doorknob and pushed the door revealing a small but polished bathroom.

"Thank me later but before you befoul my outfit, get ins–" She didn't have the chance to complete her sentence because the overwhelmed my system and I was puking all over her.

Way to go, Zack.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand while still bending because I didn't want to face the humiliation. The alcohol in my blood turned my cheeks into a crimson color and I clutched my stomach when it growled.

Finally looking up, I was surprised by the look on her face. Her perfectly arched eyebrows were drawn as she surveyed the damage on her shirt. It was like she was frozen to the floor from shock.

Unexpectedly her lips curved into a smile and her tangled legs tumbled back. My eyes went wide when I realise the alcohol seemed to have intoxicated her completely. Her eyes were lazily drooping and her movements were sluggish.

"Nice work, Zack." She stuttered and leaned her head on the door opposite the bathroom.

"I'm so sorry," I was suddenly overwhelmed by nervousness as I watch her. "Give me a sec, I'll be right back."

Without waiting for a response, I indolently went inside the bathroom. My fingers gripped the sink as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My head was spinning profusely and everything around me was becoming illusional.

After washing my face and mouth until there wasn't the bitter taste vomit, I took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom. The right that greeted me had me stopping in my tracks.

Before me was the hot chick with her hands up in the air as she attempted to remove the stained shirt. Her black lacy bra was exposed to me. It was simple, yet it complimented her skin perfectly. She had a slim waist with firm abs and her skin looked so smooth I wanted to touch it.

What a sight it was.

She finally got rid of the shirt and threw it on the floor. It was then I heeded she had entered the room and by the looks of it, I could tell it was a bedroom. My attention settled on the cup she was holding that I didn't realise she had.

It took her a while before she came to knowledge of my presence. I was busy ogling her body to inform her. One look at me told me she knew the effect she had on me because in the next moment, she was batting her long eyelashes at me and biting her plump lower lip seductively.

That was it for me.

The air was saturated with sexual tension and a new form of energy circled around me. I had this nerve-wracking urge to grab her and kiss the fuck out of her.

I lost control of my body when it carried itself towards her. I didn't mind because it was exactly what I wanted. When I was just a breath away from her, I took the cup from her hand and gulped down what was remained of the drink. My eyes never left hers as I drank and her eyes seem to darken with passion.

When it snapped at last, I had her pressed against the wall with our bodies flushed and our lips syncing into one. The kiss was fierce and demanding, slowly intoxicating our senses with the raging desire within us. Pulling her face, I tilted it back to get a better angle at deepening the kiss.

Her lips were full and soft against mine and she tasted like martini just like I did. Our arms roamed all over each other's body, a throaty moan escaping from between her lips each time. This was a moment of pure bliss. I had never felt this way with any other girl. With this girl, I felt connected to not only her body but her soul.

And then I shut the door. It was going to be a long night.

This is the night of the party. I just thought about adding it up since both Daisy and Zack can't remember(: