𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

33 | Z A C K

"This is bullshit." I threw away the printed paper and sat heavily on my seat.

Maya furrowed her brows as if searching for information in her head. "I have no idea who told Naomi about this. Now, the news is everywhere."

"But where's Daisy?" Eric asked.

I shrugged in response. I haven't heard from her since when I dropped her home. My parents had a meeting with hers and they discussed about the pregnancy. Maybe something happened but Daisy wasn't there when I came to pick her up for the wedding. I tried so many times to reach out to her but they were all in vain. I was disappointed when she left without a trace.

"Hey."

I heard Jenna's voice said in a quiet tone. It was obvious she was behind me but I didn't bother to turn around.

It didn't take the others long to understand that she wants to talk to me. They pack their stuff and left. I haven't had any class with Daisy nor seen her. It was the last class of the day before school's over. Even though she left me waiting in the altar, I was eager to talk to her.

Jenna sat next to me and only then did I raise my head and look at her. She was already staring at me with a gentle smile. She shook her hair out of her face and wiggled forward. "My parents delivered the news yesterday."

"I'm aware." I curtly replied. I felt bad for treating her like a bastard but I wasn't in the mood to apologize.

She inhaled sharply. "I know you're mad because of what happened that morning but..."

I cut her off. "I'm not mad because of that. Where was she yesterday, when I came to pick her up? You saw me knocking at the door from the window but you never open it."

I went there with a huge smile and tried to call Daisy but it went straight to voicemail. It was strange because she promised to pick it up on the first call. I tried but she never did. I knocked on the door but no one open it. Coincidentally, I saw Jenna peeking through the window, using the curtains as a shield which was a major flop. I got pissed off and left.

She closed her eyes briefly before she spoke. "I know you're mad about what happened but I'm sorry. Dad told me not to open the door. My parents were furious when they heard the news. They thought she stole you from me."

The last sentence caught my attention. "What do you mean?"

Her cheeks heated and she looked down. "They... They thought we like each other." She tossed back a strand of hair that was trying to escape from the loose ponytail. "I tried to explain but they refused to listen."

"But where was Daisy?" I finally asked the question I've being trying to hold.

"They had a fight and she left with Cole," she bluntly said.

Cole again. Everyone around me seems to know who he is except me. Maybe with a little persuasion, Jenna will tell me about him. "And who is he?" I curiously asked.

Jenna's eyes went wide as she realised what she had just said. She slapped a hand against her mouth and stood up. I could tell that she was terrified from the way her chest is moving up and down. But then, she closed her eyes and calmed herself down.

"He's no one. He's someone you shouldn't know about."

Before I could reply, Mrs Miller came in mumbling a series of apologies for coming late. Jenna forced a smile and immediately change the subject. She was saved by Mrs Miller eventually but nothing's going to stop me from finding out who Cole is.

***

"Hey Jupiter, where's Daisy?" I questioned before I even approach her.

She was standing before her locker, slowly inserting her books. The moment our gaze met, I know something wasn't right. Her eyes look swollen and her eyelashes look dry as if she had been crying. I noticed something strange and eerie again; Eric wasn't there.

"Jupiter, what happened? What's wrong?" I quietly asked.

I could see the smile on her face was coerced. "I'm fine. Everything's fine... I guess."

"I don't believe you. What happened between Eric and you? What did he do to you?" It was definitely related to their relationship.

"He did nothing actually. It's just that I wanted to have alone time today. I wasn't feeling well. There's so many personal issues I'm dealing with but everything's okay," She said.

I gave a small, cordial smile. She smiled back but then, it disappeared when she looked past my shoulder. Her eyes came back to mine. "Aren't you looking for Daisy? There she is, about to..."

I rushed through the crowd before she could complete. I got out of the school and rummage through the crowd. A tall blonde in a tight, black outfit was strolling towards the parking lot. I immediately rushed after her. Before I could take any further step, a guy on a bike stopped right in front of her.

He was dressed like a biker and had a helmet on. But I could see a strand of blond hair that had escaped. He was very tall and definitely muscular beneath the surface from his size. Daisy said nothing as she swung her leg and sat on the bike. Before I could blink again, they were gone.

It was a difficult moment to interpret. It looked like an unsolved mystery. I felt anger rising in me as I accepted being tricked by Daisy. She played me yesterday and dumbed me today. I've taken enough of her bullshit, it's time I take matters under my control. I couldn't help but clench my hands into fists in anger, standing in the middle of the fading crowd.

My phone started vibrating in pocket. I picked it up only to see Daisy on the caller Id. I was so mad I almost throw the phone away. For a couple of seconds, I stood there, stating at it.

"I think it's high time you find out who Cole is. You deserve it." Jenna's voice was filled with determination. I know, without a doubt that she was right behind me.

She appeared before me, her eyes fixed on the phone in my hand. It was clear she saw the ID and wanted me to choose. For a brief moment, I stared at the phone before finding my way to her. Without any more hesitation, I declined the call, switched off the phone and put it back.

_________
Sorry for the short chapter😬

Hope you enjoy it❤ Don't forget to vote, comment and share to support me❤