𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

42 | J E N N A

"I'm in love with you, Zack. I've always being and will always be. I love you, Zack. "

I didn't even know when I said that. I didn't want to loose him this time. I lost him to Skylar and then to Daisy but I can't let slip away from my grip this time. I'll try every possible way to have him all to myself.

I love him since day one though, I was very shy to approach him. And when I mustered up my courage, he had already began dating another girl. The girls he date were bombshells, unlike me. I'm just like a potato next to them. I can never compare myself to them.

I wasn't expecting what I saw in his eyes. Zack stared at me in disbelief and loathe. I was surprised to see it in his eyes. It makes me feel disgusted by myself. But I thought the feeling's mutual. I thought all those eagerness to spend his time with me and those compliments were all gestures that he liked me. But it turns out I was wrong.

"What the fuck?!" He half screamed, his fingers raking through his hair and his other hand on his hip as he glowers at me.

I can't take back what I said so I let it be. "I've being in love with you since forever. And I know you love me. You just don't know how to tell me because you're stuck with my sister."

"Fuck no!" he shot back immediately. I had to flinch away because he has never raised his voice at me. "That's not true."

I smile as I move closer to him but this time, he moves back. "I know everything about you now. You have a crush on me and wanted to ask me out after your breakup with Skylar. But you were too shy to do it. Everything went downhill when Daisy got pregnant."

"It wasn't just her fault. I got her pregnant so stop making it look like it's Daisy's fault!"

I felt a pang of jealousy pierced through me for defending Daisy. "It is. After all, she was the one that seduced you and forced you to sleep with her while you were drunk."

"That's not true." He points a finger at me angrily. "You're lying. We slept together because we were both drunk. We had a chemistry and we still do."

I shook my head in frustration. "Zack, you don't have to do all of these. You can decide what to do with your life because it's yours. You don't have to force yourself into having a relationship with your worst enemy and having a baby at a very early stage."

He stood still, his eyes unmoving. I wanted to jump on him and kiss his worries away but I know he wouldn't agree. His eyes desperately searched mine as if waiting. My blood runs cold when I saw the sad, disappointed look on his face. I so badly want to wipe it away but I know I can't.

"What are you suggesting?" He said in a very calm, husky voice.

I took a step forward and this time, he didn't budge. I didn't stop until only a feet was between us. "I'm suggesting we follow our hearts. We're in love, Zack. We can still be together, it doesn't matter the circumstances."

He chuckled as he stared straight into eyes. "We just start a relationship and ignore the fact that your sister is pregnant with my child and my best friend is in love with you?"

"Zack, when love is involved, nothing else matters. This is about us and not about them. It's our choices." I was trying so hard to convince him. Tears formed in the back of my eyes as I await the response.

"You went out on a date with Korbin and you gave him hope. Why would you do that?" His glare was so intense I felt so small before him.

"I did it because I wanted to be close to you. I wanted to confirm whether you actually have a crush on me or not. I asked Korbin and he told me everything. He said after Daisy got pregnant, you decided being with her is for the best. You gave him permission to date me. I really enjoy his company but I don't like him." I didn't lie, I just want to bare my heart out to him.