𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

40 | Z A C K

"What the fuck does that means? Can you explain yourself? You think you can get away with having a relationship with Jenna and getting her sister pregnant? What about the fact that you and Jenna plan this all along. Your revenge was to destroy Daisy's..."

I didn't let him finish. I threw a very hard punch at his face that I feel a sharp pain in my knuckles. Keith fell on the ground heavily, his nose bleeding. He lay on the ground, his face closed in a grimace, skin pale and clammy. Daisy immediately pushed against my chest to keep me away. It calm me down a bit.

"You're a fucking liar! You know I won't never do that to her. Next time you want to lie, learn how to do it properly!" I couldn't hold back my frustration. My veins were pumping and my heart was beating faster in my chest.

"This is fucking bullshit, guys! Stop all of this!" Eric warned obviously getting frustrated.

Keith tried to lift himself as he grinned mischievously. His evil gaze set on Eric. "There's our heartbroken Casanova. What happened to all the girls throwing themselves at you? I thought no girl can break your heart." he shook his head in fake sympathy. "unfortunately, you got your little heart broken by a dumb, little..."

This time, it wasn't me. Eric lunged himself towards Keith with tight fist. He was almost successful when a few boys from the crowd held him back.

"You have no right to talk about Jupiter like that! She never left me! She loves me and she'll always do!" Eric screamed with agony clear in his voice.

Keith spit out blood and coughed. He lay on the ground defeated but still grinning. "Now that sounds very cliché. You remind me of those stupid teenage girls that fall in love blindly only to be stabbed in the back at the end."

"Shawn, take him to his car and drive him home." Daisy said the second Eric started to struggle to get away from his grip. I watch as Shawn and Korbin lead the way as the boys tightly hold Eric following closely behind them.

"Let's go, Zack." She took my head and began to lead me to my car.

"You want to go with the loser? Fine. But when you get your heart broken, don't come back to me. I'm the only guy perfect for you. If you don't want it, then you're dead." We heard Keith shouted in between coughs.

Daisy sighed deeply but ignored his comments. She got inside the car and slammed the passenger door close. I also joined her and soon enough, we hit the road. She was stating out of the window with her hands folded as having a deep thought. I know this isn't the right time to talk, so we fall into a comfortable silence. I only hope she doesn't believe what Keith's said.

***

"Grilled steak tortilla salad." I ordered. The waitress took note and left with a smile.

Daisy looks around the restaurant, her fingers drumming against the table unconsciously. She licks her lower lip and leans her hand against the table. The first time Daisy and I talk was in this restaurant. It was here she told me about the pregnancy. I'm pretty sure she's currently reviving those memories.

"Just about three months ago, I told you about the pregnancy. I can't believe I'm almost four months now. I can't wait to meet my little one." She beamed at me with a small smile.

I smile back, thinking of our future. Sometimes, I still wonder how all these things happen so fast. One minute, I hate Daisy and the next, I can't wait to have a baby with her. But at the end, we agreed on a peaceful arrangement. Even though we have unfinished business that we're yet to talk about.

I reached my hand across the table and plant it on her drumming fingers. She stopped, stared at our joint hands before looking up at me.

"Listen, about what Keith said, it's not..." I started to explain myself but she holds up a hand to stop me.