𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

64 | D A I S Y

Two months later

"You've never heard? She was one of the most famous girls in Maxwell High, a private school in Denver."

I rubbed the soft blue towel against my wet face. I just got out of the shower after two hours of non stop dancing to relax my muscles and wash off the sweat.  Drawing the much needed air into my lungs, I sighed.

I sat on one of the bench close to my locker listening to what the girls were 'whispering' about. Apparently, they thought I was still in the shower. I can be sneaky when I want to so they probably didn't hear me come out. They are in the next row of the locker in front of the one I'm in.

One of the voices belongs to Millie. She was one of my classmates and quite a noisy chick that knows not to mind her business. I caught her a few times staring at me during lunch but I never spoke to her. She tried talking to me a couple of times but I never respond.

"Really?! How did you find out?" One of girls muttered, trying to contain the amusement in her voice.

I heard one of them bang the locker shut. "One of my distant cousins is a student there. He said Daisy Coleman was one of the most popular girls there." Millie answered.

One of the other girls chuckled as though not believing the story. "Seriously? Daisy is kind of very quiet, docile person. She's one of the most intelligent students of our class. I don't believe you."

"Whatever you choose to believe. Daisy was involved in a scandal almost all the students of Maxwell High know. She was the head cheerleader and moves with the dangerous crowd. Her adopted parents were arrested and her adopted sister tried to kill her. You wouldn't believe what I heard too. She was pregnant but lost the baby when her sister attempted to murder her."

I closed my eyes and clenched my hands on the orange crop top hoodie I was struggling to wear. My duffle bag fell when I stood up and the noise must have dragged the girls attention because they stopped talking. Discarding the towel around my waist, I put on my sweatpants, picked up my bag and threw it over my shoulder.

I ambled my way towards to the exit door but stopped by the door. I turn to their direction to find them standing there, gawking at me. I smiled and winked at them. "Bye, guys. See you tomorrow."

My life in Detroit is totally different from the one I had in Denver. I have little friends here and all I do these days is to concentrate in class, study, complete my homeworks and attend my dance class after school every three days. They tried to invite me to join the cheerleading team but I kindly declined.

I left it in my previous life. This is a new beginning for me, though I miss my old lifestyle. I miss my lovely friends, being the head cheerleader and chilling with my girlfriends in the locker room after practice, I miss the sweet, unique scent of Denver, heck even the walls of Maxwell High. My little best friend, Jupiter, Peyton's bad cooking, Abigail's sassy attitude, Maya's bubbly outlook. . . Everything.

I miss him.

Pushing the old, golden memories to the back of my mind, I strolled out of the school to find a car outside, awaiting me. I hopped inside, a strong men deodorant hit my nose. Cole pressed on the gear and the car started moving. I sighed and rested my head on the head rest for a bit.