𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

23 | D A I S Y

I watch as Paris use the rolling pin to flatten the wrap. I remove the jacket I was wearing and drop it on the hanger next to the door. The house was warm and quiet even though the sun is still shinning brightly in the sky - except it was hidden by the dark clouds and the temperature was very low I thought it was snowing.

"When will he be back?" I asked about Zack. I decided to use this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Zack. I shouldn't have interfered in their business.

"Practice." She shortly replied.

"And where's his Dad?" I didn't see him at school today.

"Upstairs taking a shower. You're lucky he's on a break." His mother didn't seemed bothered by my presence.

I've substituted too many things in my life. My dreams of becoming a professional dancer had been crushed the day I found out I was pregnant. I'll cling to the only other choice I have. My parents will soon find out but I'm afraid they'll kick me out. And I had just enrolled into my third trimester. As the days pass, the morning sickness began disappearing. Wearing loose outfits at the moment is the best choice. This way I'll become more accustomed to it.

"Surprised you find the house empty, right? Maya's out with Leslie for her video shooting while Eden's taking extra lessons at school. Zack will soon be back from the football practice. You can sit and relax before he comes down." She kindly offered.

I sat on the counter stool and watch her cook. I'm not much of a talker but maybe a nice conversation wouldn't hurt. "You said your name's Paris, is it like associated with anything..." I trailed off.

Paris smiled. "You won't believe the answer," she said as she stuff the wrap with meat salad. "I'm French."

"No way!" She looks like the typical American Mom whose grandparents were the origin of America. Anyway, it got interesting.

"Paris was the city my Mom was born in. She was a very attractive French woman with a strong taste for fashionable lifestyle and high class. The men my mother dated call her Belle because of the glamour radiating from her. If I were to be compared with my Mom, I'd have being the the mother instead." Her eyes were unfocused as if she was having a deep thought.

"But where is she? What happened to her?" I got a little curious.

"She promised herself to find herself a wealthy man who'd be able to take care of her needs and wants. At twenty, she met my father who was forty-four at that time. He was a very wealthy business magnate and investor. They got married and soon after had me. I inherited my father's American looks to my mother's disappointment. I was daddy's girl as a result. I was their only child."

"But my father got sick and was diagnosed with brain tumor. He devastatingly passed away soon after." There was a gloomy look on her face.

"My mother wanted me to be perfect and to find myself a rich husband to could provide all my expenses. She became obsessed with trying to turn me into a what she was. But then, I met Hector. He was on a family vacation with his family and we bonded immediately. He swept me off to America and the rest was history. My mother never came after me. She chose to forget me and now, she runs one of the highest grossing jewellery industry in the world. I left all my inheritance with her and I think she did a fantastic job with it."

"Honey?" Hector said as he descends down the stairs, his hands fixing his tie. "What's happening here?" He asked when he saw Daisy.

Paris walked towards her husband and helped him with his tie. "I was just having a conversation with Daisy about how we fell in love and my French heritage." She said and pecked his lips with hers.