𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

07 | Z A C K

"Hey," I said when I strolled past Jenna who was sitting in front of my table.

We were about to start the day in with chemistry and coincidentally, Jenna and her lab partner were in front of me.

"Hi," She replied, trying to hide her reddening cheek by brushing back a few locks of hair. I actually thought she was going to ignore me but then, she caught me off guard when she did the opposite.

Our chemistry teacher had just split us into groups for the practical we're about to work on. He left the class after the principal called for his attention. Fortunately, I was paired with a nice girl, not some happy-as-ever-to-date-Zack girl. Some of the girls are just chums with me. We talk and laugh but nothing goes beyond that. Those are the type of girls I respect.

"Hey Zack, can I borrow your chemistry textbook for a minute? I forgot mine at home." Lia, my lab partner asked with a sweet grin.

I smiled back. "Sure" I searched my bag for the chemistry textbook. Pulling out the textbook, I handed it over to her.

Two seconds didn't pass by before Daisy barged into the lab with two of her friends hot on her heel. She was in her bad girl attire with black leggings, a black tank top and a black leather jacket with the 'powerpuff hoes' printed on the back. Her hair was packed in a messy bun and her face was void of all sort of makeup. She looked so pale, like she was suffering from a terminal disease. Daisy had always being impassive with a deadpan expression.

It was a moment of shock because I wasn't expecting her to come. The day before, I dialled her number several times but she didn't pick up. Although, I don't really know what she was trying to point out by ghosting me, It would be ridiculous of her to try to remove me from my child's life. I don't want to come to such horrendous assumption because everything happens for a reason but at the same time, it was hard not to. I'm sure she's going explain the reason to me.

She approached me like a predator about to trap its prey. She must have said something to her friends because they nodded and changed their directions. All eyes were on us because the bad girl had never advanced towards the good boy. Great. I know the moment school is over, my friends will turn into a paparazzi and throw questions after questions for me, expecting me not to leave out even a single detail. I'm in so much trouble.

"Why don't you guys take your eyes off us before I detach your motherfucking eyes from their sockets?" The last part was said in a yell. Immediately, they did what they were commanded to.

And then, her eyes were fixed on her sister, Jenna who was shyly looking down her skirt. The poor girl had always being Daisy's greatest target and she bullied her heartlessly. My sisters and I joke around but our bond was special, unbreakable. From the way Daisy's eyes glistened with excitement when she hurt Jenna, I know something was off about their relationship. The truth was she preferred her friends over her sister.

"Zack," she called out before landing her eyes on me. "why don't you come with me for a little privacy? I don't want dumb bitches trying to eavesdrop on what I'm about to tell you. Take it or leave it."

Lia glowered at her but said nothing. I sighed before shooting Lia a silent apology. Now, my plans were screwed up and I'm certain Jenna will think of me as the insatiable who slept with her sister. She wasn't going to trust me anymore.

"What do you want? You refused to answer any of my calls and practically ghosted me," I whispered in a hushed voice angrily as soon as we left the lab.

"I was grounded, silly boy," She began interpreting. "You don't know what I went through yesterday. I had to fucking leave school and stay in bed for over ten hours because of your energetic, lively baby already rebelling in my belly. Your baby is full of spit and vinegar. I couldn't eat, nor sleep or even talk. I spent all day in the bathroom, being sick and blacking in and out." There was obvious anger in her voice. I felt sorry for her having to go through this sickly journey.