𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

36 | D A I S Y

I stood there unable to neither move nor think. I couldn't seem to process the fact that this innocent looking woman actually cheated on her boyfriend. Not that I'm judging since I don't know the full story but it came as a shocker to me. From the information I gathered from Maya Kassy and Nathan were a power couple. They met long before Catherine met her new husband and started off as friends. But then their friendship blossomed and they fell in love.

It was obvious they planned for a future together. They shared an apartment and had already started planning on buying a house. But unfortunately, their relationship wasn't meant to last. I know that I couldn't just walk away especially when she's pregnant and her hormones are all over.

I softly knocked on the door to grab her attention. Without looking up, she wiped her tears away and forced a smile. When she saw me, a look of shock appeared on her face.

"Can I come in?" I question as I lean against the door frame.

Kassy sat upright and sighed in defeat as if she finally realised I saw her crying. She carelessly throw her phone next to her and wiggled about to be more comfortable. "Yeah, come in. I was just sending a voicemail to Catherine. But I couldn't send it to her. She's on her honeymoon after all and I want her to enjoy it."

Which was the right thing to do. It'd be really upsetting to call your best friend while she was on her honeymoon and then send bad news to them, completely ruining the fun. "I get it. But you still need someone to talk to."

She closes her eyes and starts to massage her temples. "What part did you hear?"

"The last part. Something about Nathan not being the father. I know it's none of my business but you need someone to talk to. I myself I'm pregnant and I know what its like being emotional while pregnant," I walked further into the room, shutting the door in the process. I approached the bed and stood before her. "But if you don't want to talk probably because I'm too young for you talk, then I'll go fetch your Mom since your best friend is absent."

She immediately shook her head. "No, don't tell Mom. I'm not ready to talk to her." She had a frantic look on her face.

"I might be younger but that doesn't define my maturity. You're carrying a gem as well as I am. Sometimes, age doesn't really matters. It's about your level of maturity. I judge myself a lot and I know I'm a very matured person, so you can use a shoulder to cry on." I said and shrugged. Relief rushed inside me when I saw the smile on her face.

"I never said that." She managed to whisper. "My brother's damn lucky."

Fuck. I rolled my eyes and exhaled heavily. "Why does everyone keep on saying that?"

She patted her hand on the other side of the bed as a gesture for me to sit next to her. I agreed and joined her on the soft, cosy bed. Kassy shrugged awkwardly and turned away. "I barely even know you."

"Technically, we're getting to know each other." I shot back. Kassy smiled and shook her head.

Suddenly, the smile was gone. Her eyes stay glued to the flower picture on the wall. "It's just so hard to be in a very complicated relationship. I..." She started but then stopped and looked down. "It's so freaking difficult to talk about my relationship."

I imagined myself in that position because I've almost been there before. I almost lost myself at that point. I was eager to gain his attention and be with him. God I almost fall for him. Looking back, I think that was the dumbest moment of my life. The only thing I know about love is gravitation isn't responsible for falling in love. I've never being in love but countless times, I watch people I love experience this fucked up situation.