𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

17 | Z A C K

"Do you need help?" I ask Jenna as she tries to get out of the car. The huge ball gown is larger for her frame but she still coped with it. I have to admit that she looks like a real Disney princess. She could easily be given the role of Belle in any upcoming Beauty and the Beast movie.

My parents have no limo, neither her parents. The only other option is to take my car. I wanted Jenna to be comfortable and treated like the title she transformed to for Halloween but without the luxury, nothing like that can be achieved.

Jenna placed her warm hand into mine as she climbs out of the car. The street is filled with decorations, both adults and children roaming about. Mrs Miller rented the Diamond Palace, a magnificent hall. Students I recognised were coming in groups and dressed to kill. I'm not that interested in showing up to a party as a prince charming but for Jenna, I'm ready to try out everything to make her happy.

We slowly saunter into the hall. It was absolutely lively in there, I almost had a second thought whether Mrs Miller is actually behind this or not. The sloppy sound of the music was flowing in the most classical way. There's a huge sign board with 'Halloween' encrypted on it. The walls were painted and decorated with various spiderweb designs and the light comes from the diversified candles that were lit up.

There were candies and crafted pumpkins everywhere. Even though the hall was a huge one, there are so many people. The kids were running up and down, some secretly stealing the candies without anyone noticing. It's obvious there isn't a theme for the party. They were all dressed based on their choices.

The different costumes livened up the party. Mrs Miller can use this party to woo the hearts of so many students. With the beautifully decorated hall, different varieties of food, drinks and snacks and the delightful entertainment, it's hard not to be fascinated by it. I don't enjoy partying myself but this one got me.

"Zack?" Jenna's voice came out in a small, quiet, crooked way. I looked down at her to see her nervously looking around the hall.

It was then I realised what she was trying to say. We're standing on top of the stairs - which was the only way to get into the party - and all eyes were on us. Un-be-lie-va-ble. They were freaking staring at us. My heart sank when I comprehend what was happening. It's like we're on the spotlight and they are the audience. I hate having attention on me, so I did the only thing I can do to avoid it.

I took Jenna's hand and we rushed down the flight of stairs. Before we could go any further, a group of little kids flooded towards us. They flung themselves on Jenna and clung to her dress like a bee to beehive. Jenna's frantic eyes searched around the crowd for help but none came forward.

"It's princess Belle from Beauty and the beast!" One of the girls yelled.

"You look beautiful, princess! I want to be a princess too!" Said another in a zombie costume.

Firstly, are these kids old enough to watch Beauty and the beast? This kids are barely older than six or seven. They are just like tiny mice trying to dupe a cat.

"Kids, She isn't a real life princess. Your princess is yet to come." Mrs Miller said the moment she stepped out of the crowd in her 1980s costume. The kids started to moan and groan but she is having none of it.

"Miss Coleman, I apologise for this inconvenience."

Jenna shook her head vigorously. "It's not a problem, Mrs Miller."