𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

25 | Z A C K

"Hey, can we meet at the old creek chase road in thirty minutes?"

"Sure." I replied with no hesitation. Her voice sounded so soft and fragile I couldn't say no.

It hadn't seen Daisy since yesterday. I suspected the principal had suspended her for engaging in a physical fight. Then I wouldn't mind but now, I feel really bad for her. There was this disturbing ache that wouldn't leave my chest. Though I blamed it on the stress.

"Mom, do you mind if I hang out with Daisy for some time?" I asked. Dad's still at the hospital dealing with late night emergencies.

"Don't you think it's a little bit too late for that? Is she alright?" She said worriedly.

I shook my head. "No, She's fine. She's called and wanted to hang out with me."

She thought for a moment but succumbed. "Fine but don't be late."

"Mom, I'm not Eden." I rolled my eyes as I picked the car keys from the table.

"I'm right here." She reminded me from the kitchen.

I got out and shut the the door. I hopped inside the car and the engine revived back to life. Creek Chase road is an abandoned road. It was a road for travelling from Denver to neighboring towns. But few years ago, some locals found a shortcut and people started using it instead. As a result, the road was abandoned and the shortcut was used. It's very rare to find people on the old road.

As I change the lane to the Creek Chase road, I observed the emptiness in the street. The street lights were barely working and the road was cranky and bumpy. It was only when I saw the headlight of a Harley Davidson that I believe Daisy was there.

"Seems old and creepy, right?" She said when she saw me. She was wearing a thick outfit suitable for cold weather. The temperature tonight was very low and the night was chilly.

I got out of the car and walked towards her. "What are we doing here?"

She adjusted her sitting position on the bike and looked into my eyes. "I figured your life was boring and I don't want my child to have boring father. I decided to spice things up."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not boring. I just want to have a normal life."

She got off the bike and thrust her hands inside the pockets of her jacket. "This used to be a racing track for my friends and I. It wasn't just my friends in fact, there were other students from different schools that come here. Every week, there was a bike racing. It was really fun to race with these amazing people. Whoever wins gets the chance to have three thousand dollars."

Her eyes were fixed on the road clearly reviving the memories. She hauled two helmets from behind the bike and handed one to me.

"We're in for a very exciting adventure. Don't worry, I'm just trying to make your life a little bit lively. Trust me, I don't want my kid to grow up with a boring dad." She said as she climbed on the back of the bike.

"What the fuck?" I howled unwittingly. I stared at the helmet helpless on what to do with it.

"You don't expect a pregnant woman to drive a guy like you, right? You're the man here, you drive."

I shoved the helmet towards her. "No. I don't know how to ride bikes. Daisy, you're only three months pregnant. This can be dangerous on you and the baby. What if something happens?"

She rolled her eyes and took my hand. It was so innocent but enough to send electric waves straight to the core. Her beautiful eyes stared adoringly into mine. A cute smile crept on her full lips and a dimple popped out. The growing silence of the night was making the air tense and the connection stronger.

"Do you trust me?"

Silence was the reply. I debated with my mind and heart whether I trusted Daisy or not. I've only ever rode a bike twice. It was the first bike Eric's parents had brought him on his birthday. We were very happy and we deicide to take turns. I've to say it was a really nice ride. I love the feeling of freedom as the breeze hit me hard and the smooth journey.

"When I'm going through a hard time, I simply get on my bike and ride around town. I thought of nothing but the beauty of the world we're leaving. It always reminds me that one day, we'll have a good day and the next will be a bad day. My greatest ambition was just acceptance. I accept things the way they are and easily move on." She said when I didn't reply.

"What happened back there?" I said referring to the school.

"I got suspended but I'll come back on Monday. My parents had to come and get me. Since I became a cheerleader, I was the target for anything negative. Countless times, so many girls had approached me claiming the same thing as Naomi but I don't really care because I know in my heart that I'm innocent."

I put on the helmet much to her surprise. I got on the bike and tightly held the handlebars. I'm not about to risk our lives but just to enjoy what life had to offer.

I felt her hands slowly wrapped around my torso and her helmet almost clacking with mine. The weather was cold and chilly but I know the shivers weren't from that. Her warmth and amazing scent was enough to set my mind into a state of disarray. Her soft body was pressed against mine in such a way I barely think of anything but it.

I started it at a very low speed. As the wonderful breeze crashed against our flesh in a smooth way and the road becomes endless, I started increasing the speed. The bike roared beneath me and the road becomes sleek. Daisy snuggled closer, clearly enjoying the ride.

This autumn breeze has a way of moving my hair, of tousling it into buoyant curls. The sweet and steady sense of joy washed through me like comforting delight. I could barely breath but not because of the cold air. It was just the pure bliss of the ride. Various trees in different shapes were floating gracefully. The leaves and branches were moving but I couldn't hear anything due to the sound of the bike.

My mind became blank as the speed escalated. I forgot about all my worries and embraced the vacancy of it. Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike. Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. My heart beat faster and my blood pumps harder in my veins. Is that what motorcyclists feel when they ride their bikes? A beautiful feeling of release and a strong wave of power was all I could feel.

"Hey. I think it's time we go back. Riding a bike makes you forget about reality sometimes."

It was only then that I reversed and returned to where we started. The journey was amazing but the night was becoming darker and darker. I wouldn't mind spending my day riding a bike and thinking of nothing but my imagination.

"Thanks for the ride. I enjoyed it." I say as I remove the helmet.

She smirked and removed her helmet. She took mine and dropped it on the bike. Her sparkling blue eyes stared into mine with so much intensity. They were her lone claim to beauty aside from her body Slowly, she moves closer to my body and plants her hands on my chest.

Yes, Daisy was an oasis - lush, tempting and nearly impossible to resist. My deepest part of me burned with that single touch. It was becoming more intimate and too personal. My heart seemed to flutter in my chest and adrenaline poured through me. She sucked in a deep breath and closed her eyes. She reached on her toes and lightly pecked me on my cheek before letting go of me.

I was anticipating more from her and was quite disappointed when she let it be platonic. I suddenly missed her warmth and the intimacy of the moment. If only I could pull her back and fiercely kiss the fuck out of her. And I'm not apologising for wanting her. What happened between us confirmed our intense attraction.

"Thanks for spending your time with me." She said after climbing on her bike, ready to go.

I smiled and nodded. We stared at each other for a moment, the memory of what happened a few seconds ago forever imprinted in our minds. She put back her helmet, twisted the handlebars before riding away. I stood and watched until she disappeared before I went back to my own car.

I cringed when I wrote this chapter but I'm a sucker for it. There are so many mistakes but I hope you guys bear with me.
Hope you enjoyed it!
Don't forget to vote if you like it, comment your opinions and share to support me