𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

46 | Z A C K

"Cole." I answered the call while still trying to fix my hair. The phone was between my head and shoulder to keep it in place.

"Hey babygirl, how are you?" I heard my brother's gruffy voice said. He sounds very thrilled to hear from me. I know he's in a public place because of the background noises I was hearing.

I sigh and close my eyes for a second. "How many times do I have to tell? Stop calling me baby girl because it feels weird hearing it from you." My lips formed a thin line.

"well, you have to deal with it I guess. I can't help calling you that because you're my baby sister. My only sister. I'm your brother and I can call you whatever I want." I know a smirk was playing on his lips.

I set it on the loudspeaker and dropped it on the bed. I started to put my shoed on. "whatever you say."

"How are you, Daisy? Hope everything's going so well. Are the results out yet?"

I sat straight after putting on my shoes. "Coming very soon. I'll keep you updated, don't worry. Anyways, where are you?"

"Just hanging out with friends after a very long day. How about you? You sound in a hurry?" It was almost a statement.

I hesitated a bit before answering him. My brother is very protective of me when it comes to my love life. In fact, I stayed a virgin until he got kicked out before I met Keith. "Cole, don't be mad but I'm actually going out on a date." I don't want to hide anything from him than I already did. No matter how many times I tried to inform him about the pregnancy, it went all in vain.

"WHAT?!"

"Please don't panic. It's my first date and I think he's a very nice guy." I tried to reason.

"Bullshit! You mean my opinion doesn't matters? What if I think he's absolutely not suitable? What if he's some sick maniac?!" He sounds overprotective and annoying I had to roll my eyes.

"And guess what, brother? I never complained when you lost your virginity at thirteen and slept with more than half of the women in town. I bet you slept with dozens of women in Florida," I sniggered before I add. "Single or married."

I heard him groan in frustration but I know I won. My brother is a complete womaniser. His best explanation was that women bring relief after a long day of work which was disgusting to me. I've slept with a handful of guys but not anywhere the quarter if the girls my brother slept with. Once he slept with them, he discards and forgets them.

"I'm coming very soon to pick you up for a short vacation. I hope you're prepared."

I look up at my wristwatch and gasp. I only have five more minutes. "Look, I'll talk to you when I get back home, okay? Goodbye." I didn't let him finish before I hang up. Quickly , I throw it inside my small shoulder bag and rushed to the mirror. I reapplied the lip gloss one last time and smile at myself.

I'm ready for this date. I'm going to cherish this moment and clip it to my beautiful memories. I've never gone out on a date. None of the boys I slept with - including Keith - asked me out. They only wanted my body and to satisfy their needs. I was just like the prostitute bought by an older married man at his beck and call.

They never treated me like they should. They sleep with me and then go back to dating their girls they claim as queens. Of course it was painful but I still wanted the attention so I gave in whenever they asked for it. Only to be betrayed in the end. They thought I was heartless and only after sex. They don't respect me and always think the worst of me.

But I didn't let them get to me. As time went on, I got used to it. I got tougher and braver. And now, Zack Alan Hudson is taking me out on a date. My first ever date which I'm very excited about.

After giving myself a last look over, I left. I shut my door and almost bump into someone in the hallway. My shoulder bag almost slip but I was quick to grab it. When I look up, I find Jenna staring at me with a raised brow, her eyes clearly assessing me.

"Wonderful, dear sister. Are you going out on a date or a party? For sure, this is not the type of dress you wear. Have you change your taste in clothing?" her eyes were still on me and I can see fury and... jealousy in them.

"Excuse me but I'm going to be late." I said and move to the side to walk away. But she stepped to the side too to stop me. "Please Jenna, I have no time for this. Just let me go."

A faint sneer of satisfaction crossed her face as she moves away. I don't want to cause trouble so I just gave up and walked away. I made my way to the front door just as my phone started ringing. I know it's Zack so I didn't bother picking it up. I took a deep breath before opening the door.

He was standing there, leaning against his car looking calm and collected but from the look in his eyes, I saw he was nervous. I had to stop in my tracks to admire his very generous, alluring looks and physique. He was dressed casually in black pants, a white T-shirt and a dark brown jacket that was zipped down.

I always stop to admire his manly features which are exquisitely charming. He wasn't a model but I think he should be. I can't believe I'm this lucky. Zack has it all - the looks, the kindness, the gentleness, the whole package in fact. I felt my heart flutter in my chest and my heart picked up a faster pace. I can't believe I'm slowly developing feelings for him. I'm going too soft for him...

I almost bolted when his beautiful eyes clashed with mine. I could tell he was dumbstruck which I'm very glad of. He started to walk towards me unable to take his eyes off me. I could see his Adam's apple bobbing and mixed emotions filled his eyes. My breathing hitched when I noticed the intensity of his gaze. It was dark like I've never seen on a man before.

I started walking towards him and we met in the middle. We didn't say anything, we just stare into each other's eyes. People complimented him for his hard work and kindness, girls chase after him because of his good looks. To me, his entrancing, alluring brown eyes are what caught my attention in the first place. They are the most beautiful feature because they are the door to all his emotions. Those orbs of his that are brown in color with specks of gold are truly a sight to look at.

What I saw in them wasn't just lust like all the guys have when they see me. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I could feel my a strange yet comfortable sense of warmth in my stomach. It sends shivers all over my body and my feelings builds, I thought it was going to explode. Suddenly, even though the weather is cold, I was feeling hot. I felt guilty and unworthy of him. He deserves someone who wouldn't end up pregnant and force him to be in a relationship with her after sleeping with countless boys.

I wanted to cry because what I saw in his eyes is a reflection of me. What breaks my heart was the passion and adoration in them. He makes me feel so beautiful and worthy of all the attention he gave me. Why does he have to be this handsome?

"Daisy, have I ever told you you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen?" A lovely smile was playing on his lips. He reach out a hand and gently grab my chin when I shook my head obediently. "There's no doubt you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Thanks for opening up to me and giving me a glimpse of your heart."

I felt happy and proud when his eyes lustfully rake over my body. I've never worn dresses since my childhood and it felt good to. The short black dress with white dots looks casual yet sexy. It accentuated my curves and magnifies my pale, flawless skin. I had to put on an button down cardigan because of the weather and complete the look with a wedge boot.

He stepped closer until our chests were touching. All the confidence I had suddenly whisked away. I looked down, unable to talk. "I... Zack... I... I just can't..."

He placed a finger on my lips. "Shush. Now let's go. I don't want us wasting more time though, I can spend all day ogling at you." He grasped my hand and we started walking towards the car. I know it's going to be a long yet amazing day.
___________________
*Romance*❤

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share to support me*

Hope you enjoy. See you in the next chapter❤