𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

30 | Z A C K

His eyes wouldn't stop ogling Daisy's flat tummy as she walks towards the beach house with her girlfriends - Jupiter, Maya and Leslie. I know it would be hard for them to accept the situation but this, I don't like.

"What the hell, dude? Why you ogling at her body like that?" I stepped in front of him and blocked the view.

Shawn scratched the back of his neck as his cheeks flushed at being caught. "You've got to be fucking kidding me. I mean... that belly is as flat as a flounder and she's already three months pregnant. Why wouldn't I be surprised?"

"That wasn't what bothers me. The fact that my serene, angelic best friend did something more naughty than what I expected. And guess what? With the notorious bad girl!" Eric's eyes were as wide as a saucer.

We just got back from the concert and the captain had already left with the yacht. It was sunset and the sky looks beautiful. The concert was of an upcoming musical artist. I never heard any of his songs but I was impressed by how talented he was. He was young and talented and all the girls were fangirling and crying over him. I'm sure he's going to break dozens of hearts if he becomes an internationally recognized superstar.

His songs were quite alright. Some were that of broken relationships while some were love and shitty stuff like that. I enjoyed the electronic songs too; those that you feel vibrating inside you. It makes you want to shout out and sing along with him. We weren't exactly in the front row but we were at a secure place where we can see what's happening on stage. Most importantly, Daisy savored the concert.

She was happy and that was all that mattered. She sang along some of the lyrics with her girlfriends and recorded what the performance. From time to time, our gaze met and we would happily stared at each other. She offered a soft smile and I returned back all the time.

"But I'm wondering about one thing." Korbin doesn't seemed convinced.

"Yeah?" I said.

He stepped on the deck floor of the beach house balcony and stopped. "Daisy accidentally got pregnant from you the night of my party. You never liked her but I'm not sure whether you currently do or not. What about your feelings for Jenna?"

In the short time I spent with Daisy, I understood how so many things have changed. There were differences and similarities. Jenna's a beautiful bliss with a pure compassionate soul and easy to love. I like her as a soulmate but not in a romantic way. The things I saw in her was what I taught myself was the right choice in choosing the right partner. I lied to myself and pretended girls like her are the normal, sweet girls guys should have in life. But of course, Daisy taught me a lesson.

Sometimes, you can't decide what is good for you. Sometimes, you can't control your heart falling for the wrong person. It doesn't matters that you're perfect. Being perfect is boring. Solving problems is like an adventure and when it ends, the fun dies. And life without adventures is nothing. Daisy proved to me it's not wrong to love the imperfect person. It's we who decide to be happy and not others.

I'm sure Jenna has someone special out there for her but I'm definitely not her type. We don't deserve each other. I've never being in love so I had no experience. I thought my feelings were that of a lover but I was wrong. It was her lively character that intrigued me but I see it everyday in my youngest sister, Eden. I can't possibly romantically like a person that resembles my sister a lot.

"Yes," I started, "I like Jenna but in a platonic way."

Eric dangerously wiggled his eyebrows at me and gave me a knowing smirk. "Attaboy, you found love, hmm?"