𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

31 | D A I S Y

I smiled at him as I shut the car door close. His alluring eyes were hard to resist but I had to do for the best. I leaned on the window and pecked him on his cheek. That was enough to send goosebumps spreading on my body.

The kiss last night was mind blowing. I had never expected a kiss especially with Zack to turn me starstruck. I slept with countless boys but usually, kisses weren't a part of the deal. I believe kiss to be too romantic and my theory was just a no strings attached relationships. Zack changed it all. I was beginning to develop feelings for him. I couldn't go without a day without thinking about him. His intimacy and personality was what drew me to him. And when I'm around him, it feels like my heart would jump out of my chest.

He was different from all the stupid boys that were only interested in my body. He cared about me and looked past the walls I had built around me. He was the only guy that never persuaded me into sleeping with him. He was the first guy to allow me see the bright side of the world. He made me understand that not all people are cruel. His friends were amazing. I love being in their company and being regarded as a member.

"Call me when you're ready." He reminded with a kind smile.

I nodded in response. I was so grateful when Eric's sister, Catherine invited me to her private beach wedding. She was very sweet and wasn't acting like a diva. Michael was the perfect match for her and they suited each other. One thing I learnt about them is that the Lockwood family and the Hudson family are very close. They are practically best friends and love each other dearly.

I watched him drove off before I strolled towards the house. It was an early Sunday morning and only a very few people were out. The temperature was average yesterday but the sun his behind the foggy sky today. It was very cold, almost freezing.

Just as I step on the few flight of stairs, Mom opened the door suddenly. It was as if she has being waiting for my arrival. She was still in her morning robe but she looks so furious. Her jaw was ticking as she glares at me. Odd.

"Mom? Is everything okay?" I questioned curiously as I approached her.

She suddenly clasped my wrist and pulled me inside. Dad was sitting on the couch staring intently at the wall. I'm in deep shit. My heart was hammering in my chest as I await the argument coming my way. Jenna was sitting next to Dad. It was as if she had been trying to calm him down before I arrived.

Mom slammed the door close and carelessly shoved me to the dinning table. She forced me to sit on one of the chairs and she sat opposite me. I have no idea what was going on.

"Answer me honestly, Daisy. Are. You. Pregnant?" Her voice exhaled authority and I had no room to escape from that question.

"Mom... where..."

She cuts in. "Answer the damn question already, Daisy! I'm not your mother at the moment. Consider me as Police officer interrogating you."

Zack shouldn't have played police officer last night. I eyed Jenna who was sitting and listening like a mouse. "I can't talk while She's here. She'll have to..."

"Jenna's not going anywhere! She's your sister and she has the right to know what's going on here! Answer me!" Mom's eyes were red with anger.

I took a deep breath and sighed in defeat. "Yes. I'm pregnant."

Silence. Mom bit her lower lip, her shoulders tensed and her hand massaging her knuckles. "We had dinner with the Hudson family last night and they told us everything. Zack Alan Hudson is the father of the baby, right?"

"Yes." I curtly replied.

Dad stood up from the couch and approached us. He stood right next to my chair and I've never being more intimidated in my life. I could feel his eyes boring a hole on my back. I sat still with my eyes on the floor.