𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

59 | Z A C K

"Gosh! it's so cold!" Daisy said as she linked her arm to mine. I held onto hers tightly and we continued walking.

Snow danced in the light, a choreographed ballet conducted by the gentle wind. I watch them tumble, each snowflake trying to make it to their destination. The street was covered in a blanket of snow. The road was barely conspicuous as cars fumble to find their way out.

The children were outside, each enclosed in their sweaters as they sing and build the snowmen whereas utterly oblivious to the dark world. Some kids were looking out through the window and watching the other kids play with a dismal look because their parents forbade them from going out.

"So, any name suggestion? Some people start naming their babies before they even conceive." Daisy said after a short moment of comfortable silence.

I didn't really pay much attention to that. It was all about the health of the mother and child. "I don't know but I think we should choose an angelic name. She's very special to us and will grow up to be our seraphic princess." I reached out to gently rub my hand against Daisy's hidden bump.

She leaned her head against my shoulder. "And she's going to have a wonderful, caring father who will always be by her side."

"And a gorgeous mother who will teach her how to be an amazing woman like she is." I smirked when she cuddled me to hide her blush.

I felt her hit my chest with her hand and I faked a groan. "Who told you she's going to grow up like Maya? Our daughter is going to be a badass just like her mother but with different circumstances."

"Whatever you say. You're still the badass girl I fell in love with. I'd be over the moon if our daughter grows up to be like you." I pulled her closer when she said nothing and turned away. She might not say it but I know it in my heart that she loves me. With time, she's going to admit it pretty soon.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you about the dog I found in the shelter. And I'm going to adopt it in a few days. It's a Samoyed breed and it's only a few weeks old. It's so freaking cute I couldn't resist not taking it with me. I never know I'll have this interest in a dog but we instantly bonded. I think it's going to be great for our daughter. What do you think?" The interest was clear in her eyes.

"Fantastic. I'd love to go with you to the shelter next time." It was nice idea to have our daughter growing up with a dog around her. She will never be alone and the dog will always protect her.

My black coat is almost drenched in the snow as it only got worse. Daisy held her waist, groaning in excruciating agony. Her eyes scrunched up into slits and her face scowled into an alarming contortions of pain. My heart skipped a beat as I held her to support her.

Are you okay?" I cursed st my stupid question. "We need to get you to the hospital."

Daisy shook her head in disagreement and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes as she exhaled before opening them. She looked into my eyes and gave me a weak smile. "Don't worry about it. Tiffany said it happens to some pregnant women all the time. Maybe it's the reason I lost consciousness at the party."

I sighed as I held her by the shoulders, stopping her from walking. She stared at me in confusion when I unveiled the sorrow in my eyes. "There's something we need to talk about."

She folded her arms and raised a perfectly arched eyebrow. "That you and Skylar are back together?" I saw the playful glint in her eyes.

"No. Actually, Skylar called to ask about your wellbeing yesterday morning. She apologised for everything she did to infuriate you." I didn't reveal the part where Skylar burst into sobs, blaming herself for almost causing Daisy to have a miscarriage.