De-petrified

You weren't there when Taiju made his attempt to confess. You wanted to, it was the talk of the class, but you just received your new trumpet and wanted to test it out in the music room as soon as possible, and you were caught up in the moment of discovering a new instrument.
You're a prodigy when it comes to music. Able to play any instrument perfectly in only a matter of a few hours, a few days if you're feeling lazy. And you were just as fast at composing. Though you weren't one of those child stars, it was always just a passionate hobby, even though your parents really encouraged you to go on a stage (which is why they never refused when you asked for new instruments for your birthday). You didn't really think of music as a career, maybe if you don't find any other options once you graduate from high-school but that's it. Playing music was always so much fun for you, you didn't want to turn it all serious by making it your all-time job.

Well, it's not like it matters anymore after what happened. You didn't even saw this weird light spreading across the world, your eyes were closed when it happened.
You were completely confused. You couldn't move, it was dark and you panicked at first. But to keep your sanity, you played every piece of music or songs you could remember, even the ones you didn't like. You pictured your hands playing a certain instrument. You even tried and came up with some melodies.
Sometimes, you wondered what happened, to you, to your friends, to everyone. You wondered if they were as confused as you.
At times, you'd get desperate and think that this was how you'd end your days. But when you did that, you could feel your consciousness fading away. When that would happen, you'd slap yourself mentally, give yourself a pep talk, then you'd go back to playing music in your head.
One day after another...
And another...
And so on...

Suddenly, you could feel the tip of your fingers. Slowly but surely, you regain control of your body, to then fall, still feeling a bit numb. You thought you'd hit the ground, but instead you felt a pair of arms holding you up.
"Oi, (Y/n)."
The voice you heard made you quickly open your eyes. You never thought you'd hear it again. The light blinded you at first, you blinked a few time before you could see properly.
First thing you noticed was long hair that mysteriously went upwards, white and green. Senku was looking down at you.
"Come on." he said with a bit of annoyance. "I'm not gonna hold you foreve-Wah!"
"Senku!" you shouted as you wrapped your arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.
You've been trapped in here for so long, only now when he's right in front of you do you realize how lonely you've been.
"H-hey!" he struggled. "Get it together!"
Understanding that he wasn't into it, you let him go and took a step back. But the tears were overflowing and rolling down your face.
Senku was taken aback by this. It was one of the very few times he's ever seen you cry.

"I...I..." you sobbed, trying to wipe your tears away. "I'm so happy to see you. You have no idea. I-I thought I'd end up here like this forever." you said with a weak voice.
He waited for you to calm down before asking, so you could give a clear answer.
"You staid conscious?"
You nodded.
"I played music to distract me."
He blinked twice and chuckled.
"Of course you did." he ran a hand through his hair. "I'll give you some clothes."
"Huh?"

You looked down and yelled in surprise, scaring Senku. You only realized now that you were completely naked. No wonder why you were cold. You quickly sat down on your knees, covering your chest.
"Why didn't you say anything?!" you exclaimed, your back facing him and your face red. "You did it on purpose or something?!"
"What? You know I couldn't care less about that." he frowned.
You just groaned as a response. Senku sighed and went to fetch you something to wear.

In a moment of silence, you looked around to see a dense forest. You've never seen so much green before. You could hear birds flying in the sky. Nearby you was a pile of stone fragments.
"What happened...?" you finally asked.
"Humanity has gone back to the stone age." Senku replied. "Everyone turned into stone. It's now the year 5739."
You looked down, overwhelmed with a feeling of grief.
'3700 years...'
You pictured your whole life, reluctantly accepting that it was now gone forever. Then it suddenly hit you.
"How did you get me out?" you asked. "How did YOU get out?"
You heard him chuckle.
"You ask that now?" he paused, seeing that you ignored his little joke. "That's a longer story."

Senku then proceeded to tell you all about what happened since he woke up. When he talked about Taiju and Yuzuriha, it made you so relieved to know they were alright, a bit sad though that you won't get to see them. He also told you about this Tsukasa guy and the whole situation regarding him and how he killed Senku that one time but then he got better. He even described him to you so you'll know who he is if you ever run into him. He talked about how he discovered the formula to de-petrified people and all the things he built so far. And how he's now searching for the mysterious people who started this smoke signal.
"And you did all of this...from scratch?"
"Well, humanity isn't going to rebuild itself." he casually said. "I do need more manpower though."
'That... is fucking amazing.'
"What will you do now?"

You didn't hear him respond for a moment. You hesitated to look back when he dropped your new clothes on you, covering your head. Yelping in surprise, you took them away to see him standing right behind you, but still looking away.
"What we'll do" he shrugged. "we'll rebuild humanity step by step as the Kingdom of Science and take down Tsukasa. Nothing changed."
Just by listening to him, you could tell he was smiling.
"Wow." you smiled too.
"Now get dressed so we can go." he said, stepping away to get his bags.

'Rebuild humanity...' your eyes widen and your face became red by putting together what he said and the fact the two of you were a boy and a girl. 'Oh my god, I'M the pervert!' you gave yourself a little knock on the head, knowing fully well that wasn't what he meant.