Settling in!

Now that the Kingdom of Science won, you basically settled in Tsukasa's Empire. With everyone building furnaces, houses and anything that you might need, Gen decided to revive a manga artist. As soon as he filled him up on the whole situation, he handed him some paper and told him to get going and make some manga. Now that the war was over and that the Kingdom of Science started to settle in, now was the time to bring all those entertaining things Senku promised everyone about.

At some point, Yo came out of the bushes, saying something about him having amnesia up until yesterday. Of course, everyone who knew him didn't trust him. He said he'd be more than happy help, but when Yuzuriha showed him the tons of statue pieces to put back together, he was clearly already regretting his choice.

"Guys, I'm going!" you walked passed them.
"Uh, where exactly?" Gen asked, noticing your bag.
"I'm gonna look for my trumpet in the forest."
"Can't you just ask Kaseki for another one?"
"Of course not. It's in perfect condition, it'd be a total waste of material to just let it be lost. Plus, I really like that one, I don't want to replace it so soon."

"Aha! An expedition?!" Yo suddenly stood in front of you, making you flinch. "You're lucky to have me! I know these lands better than the back of my hand! Fine, I accept! I'll accompany you!"
"I didn't ask you anything." you glared at him.
"(Y/n)-chan." Yuzuriha whispered to you. "At least he's trying to help."
You sighed.
"I guess I'll need someone in case a wild animal comes around." you gestured for him to follow you. "Come on."

"Ha! I knew you'd need me for this!" he quickly followed you. "Guess you're not that stupid of a woman after all! You know you can count on me (wrong name)!"
"Uh-hu." you sighed.
"Her name is (Y/n)."
You looked at Gen, walking beside you.
"You're coming too Gen?"
"I don't want you to get lost because of this guy." he quietly told you.
You smiled.
"Thanks."
He just hummed and kept looking ahead.

Indeed, Yo didn't seem like he knew where you were going or where you were. You and Gen managed to remember the route you took when you left the village, from the point when you got separated. And you arrived at the cliff you fell over. On the way, you encountered Taiju, Magma and Ukyo. They were collecting the bits of statues broken by Tsukasa. You recalled when Tsukasa said he never forgot about every single person he's killed, you were there and you had to turn away because the feels were crushing your heart.
Speaking of him, you visited him everyday since. You fed him and did your best to nurse him, but you couldn't spend as much time with him as you wanted. Gen pressed you on the promise you made to the village and so after getting your trumpet back, you asked Kaseki for a few things.

First, you leveled your percussions by acquiring a whole drum set, using the same metal as the trumpet to make the cymbals. You could even get each drum and play them separately.

"What's the point?" Magma asked. "You're just gonna make twice as more noise!"
"I mean, you're not wrong." you smiled as you sat on the stool to test the instrument out. "But you know, it's easy to make noise, but it takes practice to make some sweet rhythm."
"Pfff!" he folded his arms. "Prove it then!"
"Mmh...Are you sure? I don't want to bother you with my noise."
"What? Are you scared or something?!"
'Just say you wanna hear me play dude!' you chuckled, rotating the drumsticks in your hands.

When you were done, you could see the expression of wonder he tried so hard to hide. After all this time, you started to understand how he worked a little bit.

Next, you wanted to make a guitar. Because it's used in a lot of musical genres, you thought it'd be a good idea to get one. But you had no idea what it'd take to make one.

"Guts?! Like, real guts?!"
"Don't look so disgusted." Senku said after asking the hunting team to fetch a sheep or a boar. "We don't have the materials necessary to make guitar strings like the ones from our era, so we'll have to go the traditional route. The three first strings made from animal guts and the three bass strings with a silk core, and coiled by gut strings. So while they take care of the guts, we'll go collect some silk."
"Silk, from worms? It'll take forever then." you followed him to gather whatever you needed for your expedition.