One-sided honesty

'Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!' you repeated over and over.
Your breathing was getting irregular. Your legs were shaking too much for you to run away. You and Tsukasa stared into each-other's eyes in silence and you were scared for your life. He stood up and you crawled away but you soon hit a tree.
"P-Please I..." you said with a shaky voice, feeling your eyes getting watery.
'I don't wanna die!'

"I see..." he sighed. "You don't trust me."
"Huh?" you said in a little voice.
'Yes! Take that route!'
"Y-yeah..."
"It's understandable. In a stone world likes this where the strongest rules, it's easy for others to get out of line and step on each-other. I get that you think I'm dangerous?"
You didn't want to confirm nor deny that.

And then, he did something you would've never expected him to do.

He smiled, and sat down by another tree, facing you.
"Then let's just...talk, okay?" he said softly. "Ask me anything. Though I can't promise to know all the answers, I can promise you that I'll be as honest as possible."

You blinked twice, dumbfounded. He spoke again.
"I don't want a future new inhabitant of my land to feel unsafe." he opened his arms a little bit. "So, go on right ahead."
You gulped and slowly readjusted your sitting position.
"Okay...?"

You thought for a second. What would you ask if you didn't know a thing about what was happening?
"You said you had a land," you said. "if that's the case then what are you doing here?"
"I was scouting the area for animals and other resources. I noticed a boar at the forest's entrance and figured there'd be more here."
'He answered quickly.'

"How many people are there?"
"...Around a hundred." he said after a moment of thinking.
'That's way more than what we have.'

"For how long?"
"Almost a year now."

"And so did you like, found them wandering around and brought them back?"
"Well no, I revived them."
You acted surprised.
"Revived them?!"
He nodded.
"There is a miracle fluid that is able to de-petrify humans by pouring it on them."
"I see... That's amazing! How did you find it?"
"I didn't, someone else did."

His answer made you mentally frown. You pursued your lips.
'He said he'd be honest... Let's see if he's a man of his words.'
"So...Why isn't this person the leader then?"
He looked down, for a moment, he didn't say anything.
"He's...He's dead."
'Vague answer, okay. But I wanna know how he died.'

"Was he the first one to have gotten out of the stone?" you tried not to sound too pressing.
He took another moment. Despite his height, the shade was covering his face.
"He's the one who revive me, it was just me, him, and his best friend."
'Taiju.'
"For months we lived together. He was the most intelligent man on the planet. By himself he held the knowledge of all humanity... I admired him greatly." he said that sentence more softly. "But he wanted to use science to bring back all of humanity, which meant turning earth back into a filthy, greed-driven place." he made a long paused. "And for that...I killed him."

A chill went through your body. You were just shocked by this young man's honesty.
'He said it!!! He just straight up said it!!!'

He glanced at you.
"I suppose now your fear may be justified for you. But trust me, it was the only option for this paradise to stay intact."
'I can think of a bunch of different ways to do that without killing people!'
You gulped and forced a smile.
"I get it, you were doing what you thought was best."
He stared at you with his mouth slightly opened. Then he smiled.
"You're very understanding (Y/n)."
"Hehe, thanks." you scratched you cheek.

You thought that, now that you've passed THIS line, you could get the answers you really wanted now.
"You spent months together, so... Do you regret it?"