Delicious science

So after this mind-fucking revelation, you and Kohaku went back to the river to gather more iron sand while Chrome and Senku staid to fix the furnace and work to upgrade the huff-puff devices.
During that, Kohaku noticed that you were slower than usual and asked you about it. You quickly shook it off and pushed yourself to go faster after giving yourself a little pep talk, hoping she wouldn't ask again. Despite that little misstep, the two of you spent a nice afternoon with each-other. Though you did struggle to keep up with her level.

At the end of the day, Suika came back and the five of you sat around a fire to hear whatever information she got while eating grilled fish.
"First," she said. "the three sparkling sisters, Garnet, Sapphire and Ruby!"
"Oh! The prettiest girl in the village!" Kohaku commented.
"What these three want most is..."
"I sure hope it's something that science can make in this era..." Senku mumbled.

"Boyfriends!"
"Of course it has to be something absolutely impossible for science!" he exclaimed as you laughed.

"Oh my god!" you looked at him, smiling ear to ear. "Dress up montage?!"
"We will never do a dress up montage (Y/n)." he glared at your sparkling eyes. "I told you  3,700 years ago, and I'm telling you now."
"Soon~." you whispered loud enough for him to hear.
"No, never." he said, smiling a bit at your enthusiasm over something that will never ever happen.

"They each want a strong man, a handsome man, and a someone who'd feed her." Suika continued.
"They're harshly honest all the way down to their standards aren't they...?" Kohaku frowned before turning to Senku. "From the way I look at it, you're quite the handsome man Senku. But I don't think you're the kind of 'handsome' Sapphire is talking about."
Though he didn't react to it, he never does when it comes to compliments, you stared at her with no expression on your face, but damn were you astonished.

'Keep it in your pants girl!'

"Man~"Chrome leaned back. "this is why they say women just run their mouth saying whatever comes to mind all the time without thinking. That's exactly why I hate women."
"You're such a kid Chrome!" Kohaku went over to him. "Ruri and I are women too, do you hate us then?"
"You're no woman Kohaku, you're a gorilla."
And she made sure to make him regret those words.

"What about me?" you pointed at yourself. "You hate me too?"
"No!" he looked at you. "It's also different (Y/n), you're a wolf!"
"Huh?"  you frowned in your confusion.
He was about to explain, but he noticed something behind you and leaned back again, not saying anything more. You turned around and saw Senku, casually taking a bite of his fish as if nothing happened.

"Chrome, you should probably stop with the animal metaphors." you turned back to him.
"Meta...what?"
"Oh, yeah maybe later."

"I think I'll give a shot to the girl who wants a guy to give her food. What does she want?" Senku asked Suika.
"Like fish or something." she paused. "Ah! Speaking of food, the biggest eater in our village, Ganen, said he's so sick of eating grilled fish day after day that he could die. He's been looking for another food."
"Ah~!" you clapped your hands. "Two birds one stone!"
"I thought we said no more animal meta-thing..." Chrome mumbled.
"Kukuku, job well done detective Suika-sama!" Senku smiled. "Our target is loud and clear now, the science bait that we'll use to get ourselves allies."

The next day, Senku was looking through Chrome's shed while the three of you looked at him.
"You're really going to cook for them?" Kohaku asked.
"That has nothing to do with science."
"Actually no." you looked at Chrome. "The culinary art is technically science. Both of them are basically the act of mixing thing together."
"Just what so you think makes the 'umami' in that fish you eat everyday?" Senku asked. "It's glutamic and inosidic acid."