Back in the mine we go!

So, the smooch. You were too shaken to even realize that almost the whole village saw that. But everyone was too happy to have finally found a replacement for filament to make the cell phone to tease you for it. Even Gen, though shocked, understood that Senku only acted out of excitement over that rock (which he took from you when you were too busy being flustered). And that is why he'll only tease you about it when everything is settled so he can bring it up again and make you all embarrassed and shit. He giggled at that thought.

"This piece isn't enough though." Senku said, looking at the rock in his hand. "Tomorrow, we'll go back to the cave and look for its source. It'll probably take us a couple of days." he turned towards you. "You'll have to be our guide, Chief's Second (Y/n)."
"O-okay." you nodded, you heart finally calmed down from what just happened.

As you and the village went back, you cast one last look at the rising sun. You reflected on how much time have passed. More than six month and now you even celebrated Christmas and New Year's Eve together...
'Man...' you smiled faintly.
Then something clicked. You thought for a moment and tapped Gen's shoulder.
"Gen." you whispered.
He glanced at you and leaned closer.
"While we're gone, I'm gonna need you to lead a special project."
"Mmh? What for?"
"In a few days, it'll be Senku's birthday."
He raised his eyebrow and soon a large grin formed on his face.
"I'm listening~."

It sure was unexpected for Senku to pick Magma to tag along, but it also made sense, your expedition needed someone with strength. But at the same time, you thought the real question was 'is this a good idea'. Magma did try to murder him. And also he was a dick and you didn't like him.
Right before you went onward, Gen discreetly told him to bring Senku back within three days.

Back in the cave, you led the way once the cave's path split into two. You reached the cliff and carefully climbed down.
"Senku. Are you sure about this? Bringing Magma along" you heard above you Chrome quietly saying. "From the start, he's a muscle-head who will stop at nothing to be the king of the hill. I feel like he'd chop your head off while you sleep and take over the village. That guy radiates it!"
"Kukuku, think about our situation and put two and two together." he smiled. "In order for us to make a cell phone, we really need the universe's most heat-resistant metal, tungsen."
"So really, Magma's strength is like the one thing we need." you added.
"Exactly." he said. "We don't have time to waste thinking 'but!', 'it's risky!' or 'what if...'."
"You say that, but if Magma were to push us down now, couldn't he just say there was an accident and get away with the perfect crime?"

You were now walking through the new area, using the ladder you brought to go over giant unavoidable cracks in the floor. And as Chrome was talking, you kinda wanted him to just shut up. Because, in a cave like this, with the echo, you were pretty sure Magma could hear everything. And though you didn't like him, talking shit about someone *while* they're in the same room, that's just not cool. Points to him for not saying anything.

"If all three of us lose our lives, won't science and music vanish?"
That one made a tick in your mind. You never really thought about it. But yeah, you guessed that a big amount of musical knowledge would be lost if you were to die.
'Geez, isn't that a bag of pressure...' you thought, frowning a bit.

Senku suddenly stopped.
"Step back!"
The rest of you did as he told. You noticed the area you were now in had more holes and pitfalls than before. He picked up a piece of rock detached from the floor.
"It's mica." he said. "Like baumkuchen..."
"Dude, even I don't know what that is." you said.
"Even though it's a stone, it's so brittle that it crumbles."
"Ah~ that explains it..." you looked ahead.

"So those are natural pitfalls." Chrome walked closer to one of them, looking down at the bottom. "Damn! These are dug deep."
"So deep that if you fell in, you couldn't climb out?"
You glanced at Magma. With just one question, you guard towards him was back up.
"Yeah something like that. If you tried to get out with a rope or ladder, it'd crumble even more and you'd be buried alive." Senku said.