First attack: could've been worse

You were taken by a sudden panic when Gen told you that Tsukasa was planning on taking over the village and that some of his warriors were gonna be there anytime soon. The way he dropped his confident facade when he said that unsettled you. Senku looked thrilled though.
"Kukuku, at last. It's time for the Kingdom of Science versus the Empire of Might! An all out war!"
"I am not into this at all." you mumbled, nervous.

"Are there a lot of people coming?!" Kohaku asked. "People with extraordinary strength like that man with long hair?!"
"Seems like it." Gen said. "There was some serious de-petrification going on. But the ones that are really dangerous are Tsukasa-chan, and a guy called Hyouga who was recently awaken. If either of them are on their way... Honestly our only option is to run, every one of us."
You gulped.
'I have a bad feeling about this.'
"Everyone!!!" you all turned to look at Ginrou running towards you in a panic. "The enemy is here!!!"

What he said sent a shiver down your spine. You and the others followed him at the entrance bridge of the village, where Kinrou was fighting a guy with a spear and a mask hiding the lower half of his face.
"Wait!" Gen exclaimed. "The one Kinrou is fighting, it's Hyouga!"
'God dammit! We have the worst of luck!'

Kinrou was clearly struggling, the way this guy moved his weapon in little circles made it impossible for him to predict where he would hit him. He tried to block it with his shield but Hyouga's spear only touched it to then dig his blade into his stomach. You covered your month with your hands.
"Kinrou!!!" Kohaku shouted.
Kinrou fell off the bridge but manage to grab one of the ropes, his feet dangling above the air.

"Now Ginrou..." he said. "Cut down the bridge."
Kohaku took out her weapon but her dad grabbed her from behind.
"Let go of me father!" she exclaimed.
"Moron! Are you going to fight a spear-wielder on a bridge like that?!"

"Think of the children! We have to cut down this bridge!" the woman, Turquoise, said.
Ginrou had his weapon's blade on the rope, but he wouldn't move, only shake in fear.
"Just do it... Ginrou." Kinrou said.
"I can't do that...There's no way I could do that 'cause...wouldn't that, wouldn't that kill you Kinrou?!" he said while sobbing, tears and snot running down his face. "I-I don't want that."

You heart squeezed in your chest with sympathy for him, having the dilemma of sacrificing his own brother or letting a bunch of barbarians taking over the village. But as you glanced at Hyouga, you knew there was little to no time to be emotional. You took a decisive step but a hand grabbed your shoulder before you could go any further.
"Where do you think you're going?"
You looked back at Senku.
"Someone has to do it! Do you see any other option?"
The corner of his mouth went upwards. Your eyes widen and you turned to face him.
"Then let's go for it!"

He grabbed Kaseki's metal straw, which he used to show off his skills to girls. He blocked one end with mud and dirt and put some black powder into the other.
"This really is the last of my gunpowder." he said. "To think that I'd be using it for a god damn bluff."

"You serious about this?" Gen asked as he took a flaming stick from one of the lamps
"It's either that or killing one of us, so it's our only option." you said. "I think it'll work."
Gen sighed and picked up a rock before towards the villagers.
"Who's the strongest?"
"Magma." you quickly replied, understanding what he was planning.
Hearing his name, the big guy turned towards you both.
"Alright Magma-chan!" he handed him the rock. "Throw this at the enemy with everything you got!"

"Huh?!" he looked at the rock. "There's no way I'd hit them with this!"
"It's fine if you miss."
"Yeah we don't care!"
"And why should I listen to you two?!"
Gen's smile became more sinister.
"You'd love to steal the title of chief from Senku-chan wouldn't you? You don't wanna lose the whole village now do you? We got to cooperate for now."
Seeing as Magma seemed to get convinced, you added.
"Yeah! And your actions and cooperation in our projects would give you tons of popularity points. What do you think of that?!"