I • MINERVA ROSALINA DEVON

one. minerva rosalina devon

Minerva Rosalina Devon is in the middle of driving her polished white Toyota Prius down the short-distance road of her hometown in the state of Virginia — Mystic Falls

Minerva Rosalina Devon is in the middle of driving her polished white Toyota Prius down the short-distance road of her hometown in the state of Virginia — Mystic Falls. One of her extremely loyal African American close friend, Bonnie Sheila Bennett, is in the passenger seat right beside her to her right in the middle of speaking about petty topics which Minerva barely even listened or responded to. She rounds the curve on the road and drives ahead until they reached another one of their close friends' house with the address of 2104 Maple Street. Minerva sips on her fresh hot, entirely warm, mocha latte which she bought earlier, along with Bonnie herself.

"I wonder what's taking so long." Bonnie sighs impatiently in her seat.

"Most probably writing in her diary again, every morning." Minerva recognizes her close friends excellently well than the back of her own hand.

Bonnie scoffs, "Has to be."

To prevent Bonnie from speaking once again about irrelevant, petty topics, Minerva immediately turns the volume of the radio up. The news is currently on air since it is now seven o'clock sharp, and one of the urgent updates today is that there are two missing persons who has not been found for the previous twenty-four hours — a pair named Brooke Malfoy and Darren Swift.

Once their good friend, Elena Marie Gilbert, is finally sitting in the back seat of the car and they are driving to Mystic Falls High School together, Bonnie turns down the volume of the radio from the boring news updates for the day to once again speak about another topic. Bonnie smiles in a kind manner towards Minerva at first who seems irritated about this return of events since she knows her close friend has a low tolerance for patience.

"So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands..." Bonnie sees from the top rearview mirror that their friend in the back is not paying attention, "Elena!" She chuckles at her best friend's surprise, "Back in the car."

Elena shows an apologetic expression, "I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling me that..."

Minerva piped in with a cold but sweet tone, "That she's psychic now, and the fact that she still doesn't get it when a certain friend is not really up for petty talks, it explains why you actually made a point by zoning out on her."

Bonnie immediately feels guilty for this response and silences down, although Elena spoke up once more to negate the tension.