XXV • BAD MOON RISING

twenty-five. bad moon rising

Salvatore Boarding House

The high school Advanced Placement History teacher comes in through the main unlocked front door and he is immediately welcomed inside to the occupied, spacious living room by Damon, "Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric went straight to the point and looks at the mentioned girl, who's present along with Rosie and Stefan.

Certainly enough, they need all the help that they can get at this moment. Who better to call for help other than a man who was married to a parapsychologist? They have two mysteries at this point to unravel quickly; one would be the family secret of the Lockwoods, two would be the skeptical purpose as to why Katherine Pierce came back to Mystic Falls...

Rosie/Minerva spoke up from her comfortable seat on the vintage couch next to her serious boyfriend, "Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family. I mean, even though I used to be with Tyler, I never really sensed anything supernatural about him, or his family. Which makes sense because he doesn't know about vampires...yet."

Tyler Lockwood probably even has no idea on the reason why his father was burned in the raging fire with a broken neck either. Although they don't know about that either now that Carol Lockwood, and probably even Mason Lockwood as well, clearly knows how her husband really died. For people who aren't harmed with vervain, they procreate like living humans do, though they have the extra speed and strength, and eyes that shift into clear amber yellow colour, just proves that this mysterious family aren't vampires. Although they're obviously aware of vampires, except Tyler.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" He asked as a logical reminder that him and Tyler Lockwood aren't even close since the teen doesn't take Advanced Placement History at school, and neither is he close with any of the Lockwoods, especially since he's still new to town; he didn't even have a good relation with the Mayor before he met his end, yet he still attended the memorial at his family mansion, and he is a complete utter stranger to Mason Lockwood, who just came back into his hometown.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." The blue-eyed older vampire brother reminded him and the hybrid nods; Isobel probably kept some detailed documents about this mysterious species.

"What he said." Rosie uttered for support with a nod.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena said as another reminder even though reluctant to speak of her absentee mother; she hates to talk about her. Let alone talk to her. Although, either she or her former husband has researched about this type of species at some point.