VII • HAUNTED

seven. haunted

Mystic Falls High School

The very well-known athletic varsity jock with a short temper, being the naturally revered queen bee's ex-boyfriend, is walking outside of the main school building through the back door to his parked car in the back parking lot after he parts from another jock friend. He gets in his car; Vicki is present in the front passenger seat, as if she has been waiting for him to arrive.

"Hi, Ty." The Donovan girl looks at him with abandon and desperation.

"Whoa, Vicki? Everyone's looking for you!" The Lockwood boy informed her, definitely and absolutely in shock and puzzled of her sudden presence.

"I know."

"What's wrong, Vick?" Tyler asked, truly concerned for his friend's sister.

"I'm so cold." The seventeen-year-old girl reported, desperate for warmth and a loved one's company in her pathetic moment of loneliness and need.

"You're on drugs?! Everyone thinks you're off on a bender."

She whispered with an annoyed attitude, "I wish."

"God. What happened in those woods, Vicki? Those kids that were killed. What did you see?" Her brother's friend asked her in genuine curiosity.

She ignores the minor questions with a simple expression, "I'm so scared."

"Come here." Tyler, her ex-fling, pulls her into a warm embrace in his arms for solace, "It's okay. I'll take you home. I'll explain everything to Matt."

"I can't control it."

He pulls away from her in wonder and pure confusion, "Control what?"

"I am so hungry, Ty. And it won't go away."

"What are you on? What drugs did you take?" Tyler questioned in concern.

"I want it. I am so hungry, Ty."

"Okay, look, I'll get you something to eat. Just sit back. Look, let's just get you home, okay? Whoa!" He scoots back in alarm and confusion when she begins to attack him, her face transforming into vamp-form; red veins underneath her bloodshot eyes are seen, "Vicki! What is wrong with you?!"

Stefan opens the door of the passenger side and pulls the new young vampire off of the clueless boy just in time and she hissed, "Let go of me!"

His older brother appears as well on the other side of the parked car when Tyler spoke, "What's going on here, Stefan? What's wrong with her?"

"You don't talk." The arrogant, bossy blue-eyed vampire ordered simply.

"Screw you, dude."