XXII • FOUNDER'S DAY

twenty-two. founder's day

Mystic Falls High School

Everybody is preparing for Founders' Day, which Carol Lockwood is supervising, "No, no, no, no, no! It's all wrong! The marching band should be in front of the Historic Society. Matt, get up on the float. Boys, I asked you to put chairs on the Founders' Float. Ladies! Time to get on the float."

Stefan is standing alone in his smart black suit, patiently waiting for his girlfriend to show up, watching everyone around him. Damon comes over.

"Look at you, all retro." Damon commented, smiling sarcastically.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked him, frowning cluelessly.

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." Damon teased him mischievously, laughing at the mention of Rosie. Not that he wouldn't either. Some parts of what Isobel said was right.

Stefan rolls his eyes in pure annoyance of his brother's jokes and looks away from him to watch the giant parade float, "Don't start with me, Damon."

Damon absolutely loves to tease his uptight brother, so he continued, "Oh, you started this, Stefan, with that whole 'I'm insecure, leave Rosie alone' speech. I'm enjoying that." He nods once, sarcasm dripping from his tone. Not that he will listen to him anyway. He enjoys that his brother's insecure.

Stefan is actually being entirely serious that he wants to have a peaceful relationship with his girlfriend, without any interference, and he can be paranoid too sometimes if he leaves her alone with his playful brother. Although he returns the sarcastic smile, "As long as you heard it."

His brother can spit him with sarcasms however many times he wants to enjoy his own self-depreciating humor, but he enjoys his relationship more. It's a certain matter of fact that Rosie Kartwright will always be in love with him, and she will come back to him however many times she wants.

Damon playfully pouts, "What? You have no sense of humor, Stefan." He doesn't even understand how Rosie can stand to have his brother as a boyfriend; because if he doesn't make her laugh, then what's the point?

Although Stefan doesn't need a sense of humor, unlike his brother, to make his girlfriend laugh; his attempts to hear her laugh is only for her.

"Actually, I've no sense of 'Damon humor'." He sarcastically corrected him.

"'Damon humor'...Hey look, I get it, I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, now that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm going to turn all my attention to Elena. But don't worry, Elena is not Katherine, and Isobel's right. Rosie is not Katherine either." Damon quoted to assure them both that they will both be safe; history will not repeat itself.