XXXII • THE SACRIFICE

thirty-two. the sacrifice

Gilbert Residence

Gilbert Residence

Elena opens the main front door of the house to answer it, only to find Rosie and Stefan standing on the front porch side by side, patiently waiting for her before the hybrid doppelgänger spoke, smiling, "Hey. Uh, can we talk?"

"Sure. Why?" Elena frowns in deep concern once she has a bad feeling about their visit here; obviously, it seems that it's supernaturally related to Klaus.

"Damon and I went to see Katherine." Stefan informed her with a nod, referring to their visit at the tomb underneath the old Fell's church ruins earlier this morning to interrogate and negotiate with her about the stone.

Elena seems to know where this is going since it's always going to be about the sun and moon curse, which always leads them back to the feared Klaus.

"Come on in." Elena steps aside and the former couple do as they're told; she leads them to the unoccupied kitchen to talk, "So what happened?" A serious frown of concern comes up to her genuinely curious expression.

"They asked her for the moonstone." Rosie begun with a simple shrug as she takes her seat down on the dining chair, followed by their ex-boyfriend. Obviously, they still don't have it since Katherine's not going to just give it; a big part of her knew that letting her have it in the first place is a bad idea.

"But there's always a catch: She wants Bonnie to lift the tomb spell to let her out of there, and then we can have whatever we want." Stefan resumed. Obviously, neither of them trusts that Katherine is telling them the truth, neither do they think that it's ever a good idea to let her out of the tomb. She should have remained desiccated in there for one hundred and forty-five years just as the rest of the vampires who were turned by her did. She deserves it for what she has put them through, including for what she did to Damon, Bonnie and even Sheila (both witches are collateral damage). Therefore, he's deeply concerned of Bonnie's health by this negotiation.

Rosie scoffs in pure disbelief by this trade, her arms folded, "Yeah, right."

"I thought she liked it in there. Nice and safe where Klaus can't get to her." Elena recalled with a seriously skeptical frown. Perhaps she changed her mind because she's starving? That must be it. Although she's better there.

"She's hungry. So she made us a deal: get her out of there, we get the moonstone and she'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever." Stefan spoke with equally pure disbelief of whatever comes out of Katherine's mouth. If only vampires could read minds too, like a psychic, to detect what she's saying is either true or not. If only what she's saying is the truth about this.