VI • LOST GIRLS

six. lost girls

Salvatore Veritas Estate, Mystic Falls, 1864

Stefan is waiting on the main front doorstep of the old Salvatore estate while he watches a carriage arrives in front of him. Birdie Mae gets out of the carriage first, then a young woman with the exact face as Elena's, Katherine Pierce, exits the carriage and observes him for a moment. Stefan walks up to her after Birdie finishes smoothing out Katherine's dress.

He smiles at her in a polite, welcoming manner, studying her beautifully elegant expression in meeting him, "You must be Miss Pierce."

"Please, call me Katherine." Katherine holds his hand and does a courtesy.

****

Salvatore Boarding House

Minerva is still standing outside the door, "What are you? What are you?" She maintains her terrified gaze on him the second he opened the door. Could this actually be real? Is he really what I think he is? Is this a good idea?

"You know." Stefan nods a little, frowning at the truth in his brother's words.

The lies will catch up to the both of you...

Minerva shakes her head in denial of the truth, "No, I don't." Because no matter how much she wants to know the truth of who she really was, she's actually terrified of coming back to that; to retrace her old, lost memories. Her best friend cannot be dating a homicidal vampire, she can't. Wouldn't.

But Elena Gilbert is already friends with a vampire. Two vampires now.

Stefan nods once again, "Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here."

"It's not possible. It can't be." Minerva persistently denied it, "You can't be..." The answer of the main purpose on why she would be back in the town.

"Everything you know...And every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Stefan questioned her, frowning in concern.

Yes, she is, because she is one, without any recollection of any memories. Although a part of her said no to the closed-off question, until she remembers that her best friends are the oblivious victims of these vampires.

"What are you?" Minerva questioned once more, more assertively this time.

"I'm a vampire." Stefan finally revealed the truth to the terrified girl.

"I shouldn't have come." Minerva shakes her head as she is about to cry. She's not prepared for this after all. She's not ready to face the truth at all.