XLI • KLAUS

forty-one. klaus

Salvatore Boarding House

A deeply concerned Rosie speed-walks down the main set of stairs of the large manor into the front hallway, searching for her best friend, "Elena!" Where could she be? Considering she doesn't find her anywhere upstairs. She couldn't be with Stefan, her ex-boyfriend, and she couldn't even stand Damon for even a moment of her life. Perhaps she already left very early? Perhaps she needs to go back home to check on her brother, considering how she remains having sleepovers here since Minerva owns the place.

Andie Star, the beautiful brand new local newscaster, is standing on the front doorway of the parlor room alone, holding a mug of steaming coffee, as she patiently waits for her boyfriend Damon to come over and join her. She turns her head to look at Rosie's main arrival for the day, smiling at her.

"Hey." Rosie casually mentioned her with a fake, genuinely tired smile before she quickly looks at the parlor room to examine it for any signs of her best friend's presence anywhere, only to find that it's simply unoccupied.

"Hey." Andie replied with a genuinely friendly smile in return, truly happy to see her at this early morning before she goes to work on the exact day.

"Have you seen Elena?" Rosie asked, hoping for a yes and an answer to that, even though she has never seen her best friend interact with Andie before. Although they must have mentioned each other once or twice, considering Elena's aunt — Jenna, to be precise — is good friends with the woman.

"Uh, no." Her genuinely friendly smile awkwardly turns into a guilty one.

Damon walks over to his girlfriend from the back kitchen from behind her, the typical smug smile present on his face, "Hi, sweetie. Oh, my coffee." He kisses her, which the caramel brunette looks away from in concern of Elena. Although he really doesn't realize that the girl has already left the house.

Andie sweetly smiles at him intimately in a loving manner, "Good morning." She adorably nuzzles the tip of her nose on his, making him smile wider.

"Mm, good morning." He sips on the hot black coffee as well, sharing it with her, with the true intention to inflict a sense of envy for his best friend now, especially considering she remains single since she broke up with his brother due to their difference of opinion once it comes to a friend's choice.

Rosie fakes a smile for him as well, "Morning, Damon, where's Elena?"

"I don't know, Rosie. I don't care." Damon looks at his girlfriend, "Oh, and how's the shoulder? Got time for a bite? I'm so hungry. Breakfast, please."

"Oh, it's really messy. Can you just use a blood bag today?" Andie preferred hopefully, completely unfazed by the fact that he has been feeding from her this entire time during their relationship, under his strong mind compulsion even though he doesn't really like to drink from blood bags. He likes it fresh.