X • THE TURNING POINT

ten. the turning point

Mystic Falls High School

Caroline Forbes and Matt Donovan are walking side by side together in the busy hallway as they're talking to each other about the previous night.

"And then the ballet dancer and the Krumper did the salsa." He chuckles.

"Yeah, well, I was awake for that part." Caroline told him as a reminder.

"Sure you are. Well, I don't know when you fell asleep. I wasn't paying attention. Um...did you see the Celine Dion waltz about cancer?" He asked.

How could she miss that? "Those always make me cry!"

"Yeah, and then the loud judge kept screaming and I couldn't take it, so I turned it off." They stop walking and stand face to face with each other.

Throughout their early adolescent youth as friends, Matt Donovan and Caroline Forbes are never really that close. He has always viewed and considered her as a spoiled, shallow, popular girl who has no regard for other people but herself, although their recent movie night together proved him otherwise in his contemplations. However, she used to be envious of her best friend's extremely tight relationship with him of the fact that the pair are long-term best friends since their old diaper days. She considered that, she has always wanted a boyfriend who would do anything for her.

"I sat through Family Guy." Caroline pokes him in the chest playfully, "So, you owe me." A cute giggle escapes her at their developing relationship.

Bonnie, Elena and Rosie/Minerva are walking side by side down the opposite end of the hallway when they can clearly see Caroline and Matt together from afar. Elena squints her doe honey brown eyes to see them better and confirms that her ex-boyfriend has probably already moved on, just like how she has already moved on before him. She knows she should not feel envious of his probably-new relationship with someone else, more likely her own best friend, because she was the one who broke up with him in the first place, so it's really not in her place to judge and be jealous.

"The winds have changed, I see." Rosie/Minerva mentioned, smiling.

"Did I miss something?" Elena sarcastically asked them to know more.

Rosie/Minerva chuckles at that, "You're not the only one, Elena."

"They've been hanging out." Bonnie informed her two best friends.

"Kind of weird, don't you think?" Elena commented as an honest review.

Rosie/Minerva teased her with a mischievous smile, "Why, jealous?"

Elena scoffs in pure denial, "Of course not. I was the one who left him."

Caroline and Matt back away into their respective classroom together.