XXXIX • KNOW THY ENEMY

thirty-nine. know thy enemy

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan and Damon are speed-walking down the stairs, trailing after each other, with urgent information by the former, regarding the Gilberts, "Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." For Elena or for John Gilbert, he's not too certain about the skeptical woman's intentions for her presence.

"What's she doing here?" Damon asked the real question running around in their subconscious about her generally skeptical presence in Mystic Falls. Perhaps she came back for her former husband again? Or for her daughter?

Stefan shakes his head, "I don't know. That's what I'm going to go find out." Hopefully, today. Later. Because they are in desperate need of her great aid.

Katherine and Rosie walk up to the front hallway, in which they intercept ways with the brothers, side by side, from the unoccupied parlor room.

"I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here." Katherine suddenly suggested, which only arises the skepticism with the trio surrounding her. She really doesn't want to see or speak to Isobel Flemming at this moment.

"Why?" Rosie looks at her suspiciously, "I thought you two are friends."

"We are. But it's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb, don't you think?" Katherine persistently suggested.

Rosie nods a little, "I think you're just being your typical cowardice self." Because the old vampire runs away from her problems and confrontations out of fear, therefore labeling her as a coward would be an understatement.

"Yep. You're the one in cahoots with them, you little scaredy cat. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed." Damon reminded her in pure resentment, referring to the vampiric use of the coated silver dagger to kill in order to free her from the tomb underneath by the Original's compulsion. Therefore, he won't trust either Katherine, John, or even Isobel anymore.

"Again, typical you who would do whatever it takes to get what you want." Rosie nods once with feigned amusement, which earns her a cute smile from the enemy herself as if she's truly proud to be exposed this way.

"Yeah, I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." Katherine turns around, smiling slyly, but Stefan interrupts her.

"What do you know?"

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you three ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart." Katherine advised them, that Rosie and Stefan briefly share a look.

Rosie spoke, "Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep. Stefan?"

She looks at him significantly before the dynamic pair walk out through the unlocked front door together, leaving Damon and Katherine alone at home.