XXI • ISOBEL

twenty-one. isobel

Mystic Falls High School

Around the busy, spacious cafeteria, Alaric Saltzman is distributing pieces of papers one by one to his young junior students, who are sitting together by small groups, "So these are the specs for the History department. For the Founders' Day float, we'll be recreating the battle of Willow Creek. Tyler has been nominated at the head of the production design." For the parade.

"By whom?" The mentioned Tyler Lockwood himself asked curiously.

"By me. I've seen your sketches and they're good." Alaric commented.

Even though his ex-girlfriend said otherwise. "I'm not really into the..."

He's not taking no for an answer, despite what anyone says about him. "Well, you just pick your team, be creative and..." The History teacher sees Elena and Rosie/Minerva's arrival through the main doors, "Don't screw up." Or else, the teacher himself will be screwed up and utterly embarrassed. They don't want that for their public high school image as their reputation.

He smiles before he walks over towards Elena and Rosie/Minerva. Tyler and Matt see the pair of best friends as well with different reactions; the former with obvious awkwardness as he looks away from them, one being his ex, and the latter with a friendly smile for them both, which was returned.

"Great!" Tyler turns to his best friend, "You want to help me out with this?" He doesn't even know how to not screw up, naturally, because he's a jerk.

Matt remains to stare and kindly smile at his ex-girlfriend, "Not really, no."

"Hey, Mister Saltzman." Rosie/Minerva greeted him as a student, smiling.

He returns her friendly smile, "Hey. Come with me. We need to talk."

Rosie/Minerva and Elena are wordlessly trailing after him, out the main doors of the cafeteria, and look at each other by his serious but gentle tone, which hints that something unnatural must have come up recently; Matt Donovan watches them walk out of the spacious, busy room curiously before he looks back at Tyler, the leader. Meanwhile, Bonnie and Caroline are sharing a square table for four people for their minor discussion.

"Alright, show me."

"Let's reference last year's Miss Mystic float." Caroline types down 'Mystic Falls Founders' Day' into Bing on her laptop, showing her the previous float, "This is what they did last year..." She turns her laptop around and shows a picture to her best friend, "...and this is exactly what we don't want to do."