XIII • CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED

thirteen. children of the damned

Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan's Bedroom

"Hi. This is Minerva. I'm not here right now, so leave a message." Stefan breathes out a shaky, nervous sigh when his phone call goes straight to her voicemail only. He decides not to say a word anymore and only looks at Rosalina's old picture, staring right back at him, sitting on his study desk.

Minerva is Rosie. There is no Minerva. He bears that in mind all the time.

"Rise and shine, brother." Damon walks into the massive room through the wide open door to see his brother frowning in thought, "Oh, stop being so gloomy. Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss." On how to open the magically sealed tomb underneath the old Fell's church. He now knows he can trust his own brother to get his first love back again.

"And it has to be right now?" Stefan turns around to face him, clearly tired.

"Well, we have lots to do, now that we're friends and working toward a common goal. So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spells. First things first-since you are friends with Elena Gilbert, tell her she's on journal duty." Damon asked him. Since the old vintage journal belonged to Jonathan Gilbert, after all, it's easier.

"Since when is Elena helping?" Stefan asked him with a puzzled frown.

Since Elena is a Gilbert. "Well, you're helping, ergo..." His brother shrugs.

Stefan releases a longing tired sigh, "She'll look for it tonight."

"Good."

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit." Stefan judged the vampire he recently tortured and killed — more like a disaster of a person who was asking for his death in the first place.

Damon could not agree more to that judgment — stupid and damaged, and he won't trust anyone-- apart from Stefan Salvatore, even one bit to do this. He needs that grimoire (Emily Bennett's spell book) as soon as possible, and one of the Founding Families' old journals may have the answer to his predicament. Stefan, however, doesn't trust anyone, including his brother.

"In lieu of any other options." Damon replied.

"What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever's out there knows who we are." Stefan reminded him.