XI • BLOODLINES

eleven. bloodlines

Salvatore Boarding House

In his bedroom, Stefan is holding the old picture of Rosie, with the label 'Rosalina, 1864', and the necklace, which belongs to Elena. He tries to dial her, but with no answer, leaves her another serious apology voicemail, "Elena. It's Stefan. I know that this picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. So, please, when you get this, call me."

****

Mystic Falls Road

Elena remains stuck in the driver's seat of her overturned Sports Utility Vehicle after the accident. The man she hit somehow recovers and starts walking towards her car. Elena screams in pure horror and fright, though the man runs away and one second later, Damon appears instead to her aid.

"How ya doing in there?"

She gasps in pure shock of her vampire rescuer, "Damon?"

"You look stuck." The young man honestly observed, concerned for her.

"It's my seat belt. I can't get it." Elena told him, who shushes her.

"Let me get you out of there. I want you to put your hands on the roof. Just like that. You ready? One, two, three." Damon ejects her seat belt, "I got you." He picks up Elena in his arms, truly concerned, although only because she looks like his ex, "Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?"

Elena shakes her head, frowning about the old picture, "Uh-uh."

Damon puts Elena down, but she can barely stand. Damon catches her before she falls to the ground, "Whoa, you're fading fast, Elena. Elena, look at me." He grabs her pale face, "Focus. Look at me. Okay. You're okay."

"She is her..." Elena uttered in pure horror of the definite conclusion.

"What?" Damon asked in pure confusion, frowning about her reference.

Elena passes out in his arms as Damon holds her protectively and slowly puts her on the ground. He brushes her tired face with his hand.

"Upsy-daisy." Damon picks her up and carries her away from the crash.

****

Mystic Falls High School

Alaric is standing near his parked black-coloured SUV in the main front parking lot of the public school, searching for something in the front seats.