XXXV • DADDY ISSUES

thirty-five. daddy issues

Salvatore Boarding House

A stark naked Rosie Kartwright is pleasantly showering, under the hot rain of clean water from the shower head, in the medium-sized connecting bathroom to her excessively spacious unoccupied bedroom in which the early morning breaking news is heard on the television at WPKW9. Once she has twisted the faucet of the shower off, she grabs a clean white towel from the wall mounted stainless steel towel rack and wraps it around her wet nude body to dry before she walks into her connecting bedroom to watch the news; an unfamiliar young light brown-haired young woman, who seems to be in her late twenties, is reporting on the news as the newscaster.

"The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as twenty-five-year-old Jessica Cohen, reported missing this morning. The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made. In related news Mayor Lockwood spoke earlier today..."

Honestly, she feels truly sorry for this missing person — Jessica Cohen — because she has this sensual feeling that that young woman is already dead in a small town filled with vampires, werewolves, witches, even a hybrid. Although the real top question for now would be who is the guilty culprit? Perhaps it would be the new young woman in town — Jules — or Damon. All the police department is going to find will only be the woman's cold body. Although what about the rest of those unfortunate victims? Jules as well?

Once Rosie is neatly clothed for the day with her classy though casual style, she breezily joins both Stefan and Damon, who are in Stefan's bedroom.

"You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big 'Save Elena' move?" Damon gives him a look which overtly says 'Are you kidding me?', "I mean, not that I care on her part because she made a deal with Elijah, but really?" What is his brother thinking to sabotage an already-constructed plan by an Original vampire? Why should they get in the middle of this serious deal? It only applies between Elena and Elijah; therefore, they have no part in it. Although why would his brother bring back the hunter who tried to kill him?

Rosie, genuinely surpised by this as well, gives the same look of pure disbelief to her boyfriend, "I thought you're supposed to bring Isobel back." Elena's biological vampire mother who was an expert parapsychologist, despite her emotions being hidden underneath stone cold petty behavior, who remains to have most of the answers of their paranormal desperation.

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate. Right?" Stefan said as he averts his gaze between them. He's truly desperate to thank Elena for what she did in her part to release him from the tomb underneath; the nagging guilt in his stomach told him to do something to repay her in return for how courageous she is. Therefore, he would like to thank her by trying to find a way to prevent her from being sacrificed in order to break the ancient sun and moon curse. Besides, John Gilbert is Elena's biological father, of course they can trust him to take this seriously in order to keep his only precious daughter alive. Unlike Isobel Flemming, who remains avoiding anything related to her past life as a human, including the fact that she is a mother-- vampire or not. He would go to this risky length in order to maintain Elena Gilbert's survival.