XVI • THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

sixteen. there goes the neighborhood

Mystic Falls High School, Hallway of Lockers

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down." Stefan told the caramel brunette by her senior locker.

"Is he still busy trying to find Katherine?" Rosie/Minerva considered aloud; she contemplates it that Katherine Pierce doesn't know how fortunate she is to have a loyal man to be waiting for her for half a century since 1864.

"I don't know. He waited a hundred and forty-five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean, it's got to hurt, right?" Stefan said; his brother's hope to go on is crushed, and it hurts even more than just hurt.

"Mhm. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

"Elena has every reason to be upset with him. Speaking of, has she thought any more about what she's going to do?" Stefan asked with a puzzled frown.

"About what? Isobel, her vampire birth mother, who's related to her vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah...she hasn't thought about it at all." Rosie/Minerva shakes her head sarcastically.

The young man slowly smiles at this, "I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire brother or even my magical amnesia." She chuckles.

Rosalina Kartwright always looks even more beautiful when she laughs. Stefan wouldn't mind at all to watch her laugh out of joy all day long. He would give her just about anything, if only he has the power to return the memories which she has magically lost. Although, he can't. But he loves her.

"No vampires at all?" He teased her, referring to her own self.

"No vampires but you and me. I just want to get back to normal matters like school and homework and here's a thought: fun." Rosie/Minerva told him.

They never had decent fun anymore since they were humans in 1864...

"Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" Stefan asked playfully.

They laugh together and Rosie/Minerva spoke again, "Though I can't help but question about where Katherine ended up. She's not in the tomb, so..."

Stefan's smile almost faltered as he replied with a sigh, "I don't know."

"Right. Mood breaker, sorry. I think I just sounded like Damon there. Come on, we're going to be late." Rosie/Minerva walks away from her locker first, followed closely by her ex-fiancé, who smiles at how happy she seems.

Before they can walk any further down the long busy hallway, a bubbly Caroline Forbes walks up to them to talk, a big smile on her face, "I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the Grill, maybe a late movie."