XXVIII • PLAN B

twenty-eight. plan b

Salvatore Boarding House, Rosalina Kartwright's Bedroom

Rosie and Stefan are lying close to each other in her big queen-sized bed, at the crack in the middle of the early morning, in her brand new room around the excessively spacious manor. Stefan is soundly, or pretending to be, sleeping while Rosie peacefully watches him sleep with an adorable smile on her face since they have spent the previous night sleeping together. Her smile remains because she remembers, clear in her subconscious, dreaming about him, which took place at a peaceful park late at night together; they were on a romantic late night double date with Damon and another girl. The pair parted ways, on opposite side of the excessively spacious public park, eventually and didn't see the other pair for the rest of the night anymore. Rosie and Stefan found a giant treehouse, made of crystal glass, in which the big oak tree was actually inside of the house going up through the roof. They found the interior to be somewhat like a modern glass treehouse-- it has it's own living or parlor room, with it's own originally classic set of red velvet fabric-handmade Chesterfield three seater sofa around the room.

The modern glass treehouse had it's own ash solid wooden flooring for the steps of glass-handled staircase which led to the upstairs of the habitable public place, in which both Rosie and Stefan took their comfortable seats on one of the classic red velvet sofas by the big glass window where they shared their intimate kiss for the night. It may not be real, though the intense feelings in the dream were real to her. She can only wish that the dream would come true because she doesn't mind to be in a modern glass treehouse at all with the love of her life. Stefan, sensing his girlfriend's lovely big doe hazel eyes fixed on his resting form, finally mentioned her while his eyes remain closed as if he's speaking in his sleep, which only makes Rosie smile wider at the feigned annoyed tone of how he sounded.

"You're staring." Not that he minds, he actually loves the attention. Besides, he knows that his playful girlfriend is doing this on purpose to tease him.

She's staring because she loves him, and his attractive looks are definitely a bonus; he knows that, which she retorted lovingly in return, "I'm gazing."

Staring-- gazing; what's the difference? She's playful that way — a tease.

"It's creepy." He commented in a playful manner in return, which makes her giggle as if she couldn't get even cuter than before, making him smile too.

Anything doesn't have to be so negative and fear-like. She keeps that in mind, and even though he doesn't think the same, she loves him anyway.

"It's romantic. Isn't it?" Rosie only smiles wider at how cute he looks now; she knows Stefan Salvatore is an incurable romantic and she loves that about him. He knows that she knows about that and his smile grows wider.

He opens his clear green eyes and glances at her before he quickly proceeds to put a pillow over his smiling face so she can't stare at him anymore in order to tease her in return and she laughs, even louder, adorably as she grabs the pillow and sets it on his chest. Stefan, however, quickly rolls on top of her, which makes her giggle once again, and kisses her with passion. Sometimes he wonders what did he do to deserve a woman like her to love him so much in his miserable life as a teenager who was turned into a monster; he is no one special, unlike her, who managed to live on to everyone's great expectations...even after her temporary death as a human. Therefore, he loves her so much to let her go. Perhaps he should thank their fathers for their brilliant idea to unite them both in the first place to form a big whole prosperous family between the royal Salvatores and Kartwrights. Perhaps fate brought them back together after half a century of being apart. He loves everything about her-- her laugh, her smile, her eyes, her lips, her body...it feels like he can kiss her all day long every day if she does let him. He loves her so much that it feels like he would do anything to make her smile, to make her laugh, to make her happy-- with or without him. He would always be hers and she will always be his, however long it takes.