XXXVI • CRYING WOLF

thirty-six. crying wolf

Forbes Residence

Forbes Residence

A cell phone ringtone goes off loudly, on the near bedside table of the comfortable queen-sized bed, as somebody is calling on the other end of the line, waking up the foursome of sleepy girls sleeping on the big bed, tired, since their comforting slumber party the previous night just for their best friend; she truly deserves the warm company of her loved ones after what she has been through — kidnapped, tortured and held captive in a large cage like a rabid animal, broke off her friendship with one of their childhood friends. Caroline promptly pushes Rosie off of the big bed, in her sleepy state, and the caramel brunette falls to the floor with her blanket.

The cute sleepy blonde groans tiredly, "Go away!" It seems too early in the morning for her to have someone call her to speak or even a greeting.

Rosie lands on the mahogany wooden floor with a grunt and looks back up at her blonde best friend, angrily, "Good morning to you too." She crawls across the floor towards her cell phone and takes it off the bedside table, and she answers it without even checking the caller ID at first, "Hello?" Her right hand reaches up to gently stroke her caramel locks to look less messy, especially when several strands of it are already in front of her sleepy face.

The heavily sleepy Bonnie and Caroline look over at Rosie, with cute tired expressions, from the big queen-sized bed as Elena remains soundly asleep at the end of the bed being the heavy sleeper they all ever know. Although both the blonde and the witch are incredibly annoyed with being awaken. Bonnie squints her sleepy green eyes at the alarm clock, sitting on the bedside table as well, to see that it's already seven o'clock in the morning.

"Shhh." The African-American shuts her sleepy eyes to resume her sleep.

The golden blonde groans once again in pure frustration, sleepy, "Rosie!"

"Fine." Rosie drags herself out of her best friend's bedroom, through the slightly open door, and continues her conversation with her boyfriend, who remains at home at the Boarding house, walking slowly down the hallway. She wonders if she could spend the whole day with him today. Of course.

A smile appears on Stefan's handsome face in hearing the love of his life's cute voice from the other end of the line, "How was the slumber party?" Honestly, the whole party from the previous night was actually her idea in the first place since she knew how uptight her best friend is behaving, despite how hard she tried to hide it from her, or anyone, until that night. Hopefully, the sleepover did the trick for all four girls to feel even better from their own personal predicaments over the past few absentee days.

An adorable smile plasters over Rosie's lovely face to hear her lover's voice as well, "Good and much needed. When can you and I have one?" Ironically, for humor purposes, she can always have a slumber party with him since they live under the same roof together now. Honestly, she's looking forward to it; to sleep in the same bed and same room with her boyfriend once again. The sooner, the better to keep each other with warm company.